• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

405 Fuel Filter - Which Way Does It Go?

KRISKARRERA

The 405 Mi16 fuel filter has a raise lip.

On the Peugeot parts disc the lip on the fuel filter is nearest the fuel pump.

On the BX disc the lip is the other way round!

The reason I'm asking this is that my new fuel filter has the direction arrow stick pointing in the other direction to my old filter! So now I'm left wondering which filter has the sticker in the wrong direction.

Help!

post-27-1151516370_thumb.jpg

KRISKARRERA

P.S: if i blow through it in the direction of the arrow i get more resistance, is this correct?

Bassman
P.S: if i blow through it in the direction of the arrow i get more resistance, is this correct?

On my 405 GLX the direction arrow has always gone in the direction of the fuel, i.e away from the pump with the lip nearest the pump, which would be like your new filter.

KRISKARRERA

Ok, thanks. Any problems I'll just sue ECPs :D

littlemike

The lip end of the filter, on 205's anyway seems to change ends depending on the filter maker. You've got to go by the arrow really, that is unless you mean you have two same make filters that are marked up differently?

KRISKARRERA

Ahh I see. Must be the same with the 405 filters then.

The old filter is Hengst, new one is Mann.

By the way, and I know this isn't of much use to 205 drivers, Euro car parts have the 205 GTi filter listed for the 405 mi16! Lucky I checked!!

Sign in to follow this