• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mat1227

Matts For Mat's Car..

mat1227

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get nice OE-looking mats for my 205?

It's been off the road for three months or so, and has the MOT later today so if it passes I'd like to buy my car a treat ;)

I've seen the Auto Five ones and although they look nice £50+ delivered seems like quite a lot for some I haven't seen - can anyone vouch for these/are they good quality? Any better value alternatives?

M@tt

i've got a feeling mats from pug themselves are pretty reasonably priced (shock horror i know!?!), £35 approx i'm sure henry yorke was telling me this.

You'll find that stuff on ebay is even more expensive.

give your local branch a bell and find out

hth

Matt

GLPoomobile

IIRC the OE style GTI mats on eBay are about £40.

There are some comanies that do custom mats, so you could design something simple and OE looking with the GTi logo on it. Probably not much cheaper if anything but you never know.

mat1227

ok thanks chaps! I'll give the local dealer a call

mat1227

wahay! it passed first time ;)

new mats it is then..

mat1227

I've been in touch with local dealers and Pug head office, and apparently they no longer stock the mats (part no 96411C).

so, looks like it's Auto Five for me :)

Does anyone have these? are they good quality? any opinions either way on them?

Powers

I bought a set of the Autofive ones 4 years ago for £30 and i still use them today. Obviously i have hoovered them!

Richie

I recently bought a full set of autofive ones with, black with red piping. Expensive really but, the most standard looking mats i could find and they look nice.

mat1227

well i might take the plunge with the autofive option.

the car's broken again (just after the mot!) so i've gone back on my promise of a treat for the moment, until she behaves again

hexhamstu
well i might take the plunge with the autofive option.

the car's broken again (just after the mot!) so i've gone back on my promise of a treat for the moment, until she behaves again

i bought some from autofive, its a bit tarty spending that much on mats, but it made my interior look alot cleaner i think! the matts are good quality and look original.

crappy camera phone picture but it gives you an idea.

20-05-06_1952.jpg

pacey205

Yup Ive got the same ones as well although Ive worn through mine in places now.

dsc000183mg.th.jpg

Michael

mat1227

ah - spot on.

thanks for the pics and replies the mats do look good, might have to make an investment

Guest davidt83
i bought some from autofive, its a bit tarty spending that much on mats, but it made my interior look alot cleaner i think! the matts are good quality and look original.

crappy camera phone picture but it gives you an idea.

20-05-06_1952.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a set of these aswell... do they come as a set of 4? And are these ones the grey mats?! I cant tell from the photo!

I was personally thinking of getting a set of the grey ones, but autofive dont have a picture of them on their website, does anyone know what they look like in comparison to the black ones?

Was thinking along the lines of grey as my car is graphite grey, the interior is Phase 1 and grey along with the red carpet was thinking they might be best suited? Though not sure if I cant see a picture of them before buying, whats other peoples opinions?

Cheers

Dave

Guest woll

Do the OE mats have the foot plate? I remember seeing some original mats that didn't have that extra bit of fabric where your heel rests and had a big GTi logo towards the back of the mat. This may have been for older models tho.

Any ideas? (that is if you know what i'm going on about!) :lol:

hexhamstu
I'm thinking of getting a set of these aswell... do they come as a set of 4? And are these ones the grey mats?! I cant tell from the photo!

I was personally thinking of getting a set of the grey ones, but autofive dont have a picture of them on their website, does anyone know what they look like in comparison to the black ones?

Was thinking along the lines of grey as my car is graphite grey, the interior is Phase 1 and grey along with the red carpet was thinking they might be best suited? Though not sure if I cant see a picture of them before buying, whats other peoples opinions?

Cheers

Dave

they do come as a set of 4, the rear ones are just basically square bits of grey carpet with the red trim round them.

the ones pictured are the grey ones, i know the picture is terrible. but if youve ever seen a LTD edition carpet the colour match is pretty spot on.

pacey205

The original mats dont have the footplate bit like you say, they look like this.

interior0pz.jpg

Michael

mat1227
The original mats dont have the footplate bit like you say, they look like this.

Michael

does anyone know if it's still possible to get hold of these?

Guest woll

No, you can't get them from Peugeot although they do still have mats for the 205 but not the GTi ones.

I've been trying to find a set of these for ages now but i might get the Autofive ones as I think i'm gonna have to give up on the search.

Ren

You can design your own mats, either universal shape or tailor made on carmats4u.co.uk the more you add the dearer they get though. Not actually used them myself but might be worth a look.

Ren.

Henry Yorke

I use the ones from the PSOOC shop here

Having used the cheaper ones, we now go for the Diplomat ones as they are much more robust. Again they are not cheap, but they last a hell of a lot longer (I have had sets over 8 years!). You can also get them with a range of piping colours, carpet colours and motif's. Personally I would go for dark grey compared to black as it shows up dirt less.

We get these from www.Autostyle.co.uk who have been making them for years and we have never had any complaints.

Why not treat yourself to a seat cover or two whilst you are at it as they are cheaper than people sell them for on eBay!! (no there are no other logos!!)

Sign in to follow this