• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
leigh1900

Whats This

leigh1900

working on electrics today on h plate 1.9 and i removed a 4 inch cylinder device from behind pass side head light it was badly coroded and split with one wire snapped. it has 3 wires and was connected to a brown 3 pin plug with only 2 wires connected to it. any advice much appreciated

cheers

leigh

inferno

hahaha if thats 4 inches she must be trying to make u feel good about your weener!

but i dont know what it is... sorry!

leigh1900

no worries i take it mine must be bigger than yours. hopefully someone will know what this thing is for

cheers

hengti

sounds like the dim dip resistor for the headlights

with the ignition off, turn on the side lights - the sidelight bulbs (seperate to the main bulbs) should come on. then turn on the ignition - the main bulbs should also come on (dimly) - if this doesn't work, it sounds as though the resistor/wiring has had it

careful though - there's another identical looking one near by for the rad fan switch - it's often found ontop of the radiator. this one definately needs to be working!

leigh1900

thanks a lot for that i'll check that tomorrow. just another small question ive posted this on another post but i can't find the plug that goes to the gearbox sensor and was wondering if this may have been attached to the 2 pin socket that is located next to the expansion tank on pass side of car as there is a plug there with nothing attached to it

cheers

leigh

pug_ham

Which gearbox sesnor?

There is only the reversing light switch plugged onto the gearbox.

If the plug you have found is a red two pin one then don't worry, most (if not all) 205's have them. No one has found what its for yet afaik.

Graham.

leigh1900

cheers ive found that plug also but the one ive found sits right next too the expansion tank and its white. as for the reverse plug to the top of gearbox i dont have that one anywhere in the loom any suggestion as to where that wire goes back from the plug to the wiring loom would be welcome

cheers

leigh

j-16

4" cylinder - compressor for horn? Below headlight by the end of the radiator.

Ren
cheers ive found that plug also but the one ive found sits right next too the expansion tank and its white.

Does this sit to the side of the expansion tank on the strut top? 2 pin? If so I have this and it is not plugged in to anything. Was wondering what it was for as well.

leigh1900

dont think so it is attached right behind the headlight on a clip but is def not a compressor its about as thick as a roll of 10p's

cheers leigh

Does this sit to the side of the expansion tank on the strut top? 2 pin? If so I have this and it is not plugged in to anything. Was wondering what it was for as well.

thats the one. the guy that put the engine in left loads unplugged so just thought that this might have been one of his missed efforts

cheers

leigh

Sign in to follow this