• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

Rear Quater Windows

Dixon

Are all 205 rear quarter windows the same size?

The reason I ask is that I am trying to fit my polycarb windows and I have bought base model rubbers and fitted the windows into them fine.

Ive now come to put the window and rubber into the car but the window appears much bigger than the hole I am faced with and cant seem to get them in.

Should I be finding this or are there 2 different sizes?

Or am I just trying to put them in wrong?

Wes

it depends if you have bought bolt on size or base model size polys, is the new poly the same size as the gti glass you took off? if it is you have got the bolt/screw on ones.

Jonmurgie

It is very very tight and a b!tch of a job to do, but as long as the poly has been cut to the right size (i.e. that of the non-opening window size and NOT the opening size) then it will go...

jonD6B

The poly size will need to be the same size as the recess of the window less the thickness of the rubber in the centre. If that makes any sense?

smckeown

I once tried to fit GTI size polycarb windows into the rear with rubbers, got it 60% in before I thought after exerting extreme force that the window MUST be too big :)

jonD6B
I once tried to fit GTI size polycarb windows into the rear with rubbers, got it 60% in before I thought after exerting extreme force that the window MUST be too big ;)

:)

I cut my own for the 200SX and to be honest it's alot cheaper and a piece of p1ss. Polycarbonate cuts with a jigsaw and files down just as easy. I payed <£60 a sheet for 4mm 8'x4'. Simply use the old window as a template.

Edited by jonD6B

smckeown

hehe

yes it does cut easily, as i had to tale big chunks out of them i nthe end without a template

I would also recommend tinting at least the fronts, clear fronts will be very bright in a car, and will not be good especially if trackdays are involved where u cant wear sunglasses etc (i think). So if doing it professionally order tinted poly, if cheapo way, add the tint yourself

Jonmurgie

I have clear windows in my trackcar and don't find it too bright at all... and for public trackdays you can wear sunglasses :)

smckeown

well i found it too bright when it was clear, each to their own

Dixon

Well they went in the rubbers ok (with a bit of stretching) and they are a set for the 205 so i would have thought they were right. Will try once more and see how it goes.

As for the brightness I've got a tinted visor on my helmet if needed but a good point.

Edited by Dixon

smckeown

i'd take them out of the rubbers and place them around the window frame, your looking for smaller or larger than the frame to indicate if they are the correct ones :)

Dixon

Took them out and put the rubber in the window then measured from inside to inside of the rubber and found they were about 5mm too large all round.

So a quick bit of jig sawing round the edge later and they fitted (bit of a tight squeeze but they're in!) :D

Cheers all.

Sign in to follow this