• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mr Man

Brake Cooling

Guest Mr Man

Anyone have ideas for track day brake cooling?...

Can you get air deflectors for the 205? If so, where from?

Would putting air ducts in place of the fog lights (or even just doing away the plastic behind the fog lights) achieve anything without having any ducting hose?

Thanks

TEKNOPUG

yeah, cutting the fog light appetures and fabricating some ducting would help. But if you are cooking the brakes then you should look to fit some bigger discs and/or better friction material

smckeown

Disc thickness is more of a factor than size for overheating. So get yourself some circa 26mm thick vented discs and you wont have a problem if used with good pads and liquid etc. The 307 setup allows for this thickness i'm led to believe and still larger discs than standard 205s

Sean

engine killer

i experienced a badly over heated brake during my last trackday event so i have been thinking of brake ducting too.

the duct hose on the left of the car (gearbox side) can just do under the gearbox to avoid fouling when turning right (full lock). but the right hand side (cam pulley side) has just got no room for it at all, any ducting will foul the wheel when steering left. there should be a plastic partition (guard) separating pulleys and wheel arch area, the gap between pulleys and the guard is about 35mm. so a 25mm width 150mm height tubing in that section may give you enough clearance.

i may start working on it this weekend. if i have chance to grab a camera, i may take some photos on my progress.

Guest Mr Man

Thanks for the comments. Photos would be really helpful. I did wonder about the wheels catching the ducting. Which is why I was starting to think about deflectors - I'm sure I've seen them for other cars and presume they would attach to the suspension arms if avaialble for the 205?

Edited by Mr Man

engine killer
Thanks for the comments. Photos would be really helpful. I did wonder about the wheels catching the ducting. Which is why I was starting to think about deflectors - I'm sure I've seen them for other cars and presume they would attach to the suspension arms if avaialble for the 205?

you may take a look from my album, i have taken some photos from my friends' 307 (race car). since the 307 has much more room than 205 so they can have ducting hanging around neatly without fouling. the deflector beside the caliper is a very effective way to cool the brake system.

since you don't (i guess) have the air-conditioning compressor on the cam pulley side (under the alternator), you may try tying the ducting underneath all pulleys as in the photo.

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pickup/11...541476181xvcySS

Sign in to follow this