• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Afm

brianthemagical

i've just done a search of my afm number on the bosch website and found that it is for the i.6 gti. will this make much difference to the performance of the engine?. thanks. the number is 0280202056.

Jonmurgie

Not getting your question here? You have looked up the AFM of your 205 and confirmed it's for a 1.6 Gti yeah? So what car do you have, a 1.6 GTi?!

brianthemagical

sorry, it's a 1.9 gti xu9ja jettronic non-cat.

j_turnell

In which case yes it will affect performance, the fuel and air ratios are different, therefore you would deffinetly benefit from getting a second hand one or new one if you have enough cash. It shouldn't be to hard to find one they are quite common. May also be worth checking other things such as the ecu etc to make sure these are also not 1.6 items.

brianthemagical

thanks. the ecu is a 1.9 one, but it has a sticker on it with IC (company logo) in one corner then the correct bosch numbers hand written on it, poss refurbed? what else would there be to check.

jackherer

the distributor and the injectors are also 1.6/1.9 specific

Pug_101

What AFM do you need part no wise, I have one spare.

Sign in to follow this