• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tidybri

Electric Windows

Guest Tidybri

My pasanger side window has stoped working from both switches. Any ideas where 2 start? Im guessing i will need a new motor or something is this a hard job?

hengti

sounds similar to probs i'm having at the mo

started a thread about this yesterday; jackherer has suggested that both passenger window switches need to be working properly before either will work (something to do with the way they're wired)

haven't checked mine out yet, but i'm just going to swap the switches round on the drivers window to make sure that they all actually work, then go from there

if your switches are all OK and you want to try replacing the mechs/motors, you'll need to strip the door furniture, remove the door card and undo the (4?) nuts holding the mech to the inside of the door skin.

i haven't gotten any further than this yet, but believe that you then just need to push the mech off into the gap between the door skins and somehow manouvre it around to get it out of the channels on the bottom of the glass (i'm considering duct taping the glass to the window frame so that it doesn't drop into the bottom of the door). there are three channels for the mech wheels - you can remove the bottom one, but i guess it's just a case of waggling the mech around to get it out of the top two

if this stands correcting, i'd also be interested to hear ;)

Bassman

Try prising the top off the switch and cleaning the contacts as best you can, this worked for mine.

Guest dtouzel

If the window is getting no power you could splice the wires from the drivers side window to supply it with power...

It could be the wiring from the passenger door to the pillar also, but this normally happens on the drivers side which is opened and closed more..

Guest Tidybri

Thanks Guys this gives me something to go on at the wekend and should keep me busy no doubt. :huh:

hengti

if it's any help - i fixed mine last night - it was the switches - just took the tops off, dismantled them and cleaned them up

windows now fine

hope yours is as simple :huh:

Guest Tidybri

:) Well i had the switches out last night cleaned the conections and now cant remember which wires go where!

Typical me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And guess wot now no windows work! HA HA HA i hear you all laugh :)

Well any help on this would be great i aint touched the drivers window so thats all ok but not workin the only wires i unpluged were the drivers side passenger ones.

HELP PLEASE!!

hengti

confused

have you cut the plugs off and wired them individually or something? or have you somehow managed to take the pins out of the switch?

Guest Tidybri

i just un pluged the wires 2 the switch 2 clean conections.

I have a rubbish memory and should have known better!!! :P

As noted before in this thread all windows will not work if 1 switch isnt.....

hengti

not sure i understand what the problem is

just plug them back in - ?

they only fit onto the plugs one way and either switch will work on either side of the car

steve@cornwall
not sure i understand what the problem is

just plug them back in - ?

they only fit onto the plugs one way and either switch will work on either side of the car

Both my pugs have "dealer-fit option" e/w (both1.6) and all wires have individual connectors,no multiplugs! If this is your problem -I'll try and have a lok at connections tomorrow if it helps- off out now unfortunately

Guest Tidybri

that would be great think mine is just factory fit also so wires will be the same coulors

cheers mate! :D

Greenys_meanies
that would be great think mine is just factory fit also so wires will be the same coulors

cheers mate! :D

Ah ha found your problem! have you got a multimeter to test for earth and 12v? i'll assume you have and will go on.

you need to sort out your switch first, 5 pins call then 12345, with out switch pressed, then 2 &3 should connet to 4&5 (motor lock) pin 1 has 12v on it, 4 &5 go to motor and 2&3 go to drivers side. with switch pressed in one direction either 2 or 3 will connect to 4 or 5 , earth return from motor and pin 1 12v will connect to the other one of 4 &5. vice versa for the swich in the other direction.

Wires: two of the wires go to the passenger side, 1 wire has 12v on it and 2wires have an earth.

connect up the 12 and 2 earths and then connect the remaining 2. if the window still don't work from either side get back to me and i'll tell you where to look after that.

see my other reply on the diagram post for more info.

Daz

Sign in to follow this