• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Big Thanks To Matt @ Qep!

Jonmurgie

Been fairly quite lately as not much is going on but I got the call from Matt @ QEP last week so say that my Mi16 engine was ready for collection. Popped over there yesterday and was seriously impressed at how awesome it's looking... so a BIG THANKS to Matt for all his time and effort on the engine, I hope that I will do it justice in my 205 out on track.

raceengine1.jpg

The spec of the engine is as follows, my only brief being a solid 220bhp was required:

Alloy Block

1927cc

83.5mm Bore

88mm Stroke

38cc Head Volume

1.44mm Head Gasket

83.5mm Liners

Iapel 83.5mm Forged Pistons

0.5mm Piston Position Above Deck

CatCams 4901551 Inlet Cam (Lift @ TDC 3.55mm)

CatCams 4901551 Exhaust Cam (Lift @ TDC 2.95mm)

CatCams CC003 Solid Followers

CatCams 902-001 Springs

Catcams 99333 Retainers

Puma 36.5mm Inlet Valves

QEP Big Valve Head

11.75:1 Compression Ratio

Pace Dry Sump

Sealed Engine Breathers

Lightened Flywheel (5.7kg)

Balanced Bottom End

I obviously already have the Jenvey 45mm Throttle Bodies and the MoTeC M48 to go with that lot... I think 220bhp might be a little conservative but we'll wait and see :mellow:

raceengine2.jpg

Lots of pictures including build pictures on my site http://www.mdracing.co.uk

This really is a show piece for the level of work Matt carries out and all credit goes to him for his hard work over the last 6 months... just got to get the rest of my car finished, hoping for around 4 weeks!

Anthony

Spec looks pretty impressive on that engine that's a good few quid's worth of kit there....

smckeown

Another engine completed project eh!, great feeling to get it back isn't it. You can't beat the personal touch at QEP, we're lucky to have Matt and QEP.

You may beat me tothe mapping also, i can't get into track and race for about 6 weeks..arse!

Edited by smckeown

Adam B

Yeah you'll need all that power and more to keep up with me and Al in the SX.... :mellow:

You've now just got the fun job of getting the rest of the car up to the standard of that engine!

Best get painting....

pdd144c

Very nice. Hope you get good results on the rollers.

ashley peddle

i need to win the lottery!

sounds like a bit of a beast :mellow:

S33GAV

Very sexy, should be awesome when it's all together. Can't wait to see what power it makes

Jonmurgie

I can't wait either! Would love to get it on an Engine Dyno first but I don't have easy access to one yet so will wait and see what it does on a normal Dyno :mellow:

petert
Can't wait to see what power it makes

Either can I. I have an otherwise identical engine in 2L format.

rich_w

Jon do you have any dates to aim for?

Alastairh

Awesome bit of kit.

Well done Matt.

Now get it fitted!!!

Jonmurgie

No firm dates yet but I have 4 weeks in my head... I have the following to get completed before fitting the engine:

Paint Engine Bay

Fit Internal Brake Lines

Fit Internal Fuel Lines

Fit Fuel Surge Tank

Fit Dry Sump Tank

Fit Dry Sump Pipes

Fit Oil Cooler

Weld in New Seat Rails

And those are just the big things I can remember... got lots of little things to clean/paint etc. but I'll be working on it every evening and weekend until it's done!

Alastairh

Nice one. take your time and do a proper job.

Shot gun a pass ride.

boombang

You going to be following blue book regs with all internal hoses, colours and fixings?

Also you going for extinguishers and cut off?

Only ask as its a very sensible and recall you mentioned possibly moving to competitions before (apart from having to refit pins every time you come in just in case - either that or for now only use internal extinguisher switching)

Mandic

WOW, now that's a fine looking engine You've got there!!!

I hope it will make as much power as looks good.

Cheers

Ziga

Jonmurgie
You going to be following blue book regs with all internal hoses, colours and fixings?

Also you going for extinguishers and cut off?

Only ask as its a very sensible and recall you mentioned possibly moving to competitions before (apart from having to refit pins every time you come in just in case - either that or for now only use internal extinguisher switching)

I'm not necessarily doing it to Blue Book Regs but I do also have a plumbed in extinguisher (forgot to add that to the list of things to do!) and battery cut off switches etc.

Which also reminds me that I have to also re-locate the Red Top battery I now have!

dazEmad

excellent work looks like a lot of effort has been done there, im sure it will be a flyer. Shame its not going to be ready for the pugfest would love to see it blast round the track, last year at pugfest your standard mi without tb's looked really quick (when i heard it was standard i was suprised). I had seen that engine did make 170 bhp without the tb's something im hoping my brand new 2 litre mi with cat cams inlet cam will be around.

Veero

Holy Shiney Engines Batman! :(

That looks immense mate. You must be dead chuffed :wacko:

Veero

huckleberry

Almost looks too good to put into a car. RR printout should be very interesting. Given te spec it should be fast. Enjoy it :wacko:

16v205

Awesome looking engine, should have some fun with that spec :wacko:

Rich

Pug_101

Very nice, look foward to the rolling road thread.

Cheers

Dino

At last :wacko:

Looks totally bling bet you are well chuffed. Now you need to make that shed of yours look as good as the engine :(

stew205

Very Nice Jon :wacko:

If you want the number for the engine dyno place I used just send me a PM, they are very helpful :(

Thanks

Stew

Banjo

Looking good mate :wacko:

Powers

Finally - Very impressive!

Sign in to follow this