• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mareksio

405 Spray Bars

mareksio

After seeing a few posts about people fitting 405 spray bars, I thought I'd give it a try myself. Bought a set of 405 arms, wipers and spray bars from a 1994 car being broken on eBay. They turned up today, but weren't quite what I was expecting:

img1303edited0do.jpg

img1304edited7bg.jpg

They were just glued onto the lower sides of each wiper!

Has anyone seen these before? At first I thought the later 405s might come with a different spray bar arrangement, but the parts catalogue just shows the normal style.

They're definitely fairly new too, as they are stamped '04' on the underside.

Also, I'm gonna buy some new wipers to stick these onto - since the 405 arms are a different size, what are the best size blades to use?

Baz

Haven't seen 'em like that before!! I thought there was only 2 types, that of the 405 and another of the BX's.

Anthony

The 405 spray bars I've got (from a Phase 1) aren't like that - they're a long bar that stretches along about ¾ of the length of the wiper with a few pinprick holes along it to spray through...

pug_ham

Never seen those before on a 405 either, phase 1 or 2. BX ones are a loop of small diameter plastic pipe that clips to the arm, I have these on my car.

Use standard sized wipers for the 205 & the spray bars should be on the upper side of the wiper.

I'd get some proper 405 ones as they cover more of the wiper & clean loads better.

Graham.

Ren

I've seen them before but not on a Peugeot, possibly from a Mercedes Sprinter but I'm not 100%.

Edp

EH? there weird. Mine are like anthonys and are much better than the rubbish little things on the 205 bonnet..

mareksio

Hmm, I suppose I'll fit them anyway - I wouldn't like to think that I wasted £6! Besides, I'd imagine they're considerably lighter than the 405 ones :lol:

KRISKARRERA

Strange that, my dad's 405 is a 1996 model and has the usual style of spray bars.

Giles

Those are from a Renault! i might have some proper ones somewhere, £5?

Sign in to follow this