• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave87

Oil Cooler

Dave87

hi people is it possible to use the oil cooler of the 1.9 gti engine on the 106 gti engine?

caus i don't think the 106 gti came with a oil cooler

cheers dave

Anthony

According to the parts CD some 106 GTi's came with an oil-water heat exchanger.

Logically I guess that a 1.9 GTi air-oil cooler should fit as both engines use the same oil filter, but given it makes very little difference to oil temperatures on a 205 there is a question of whether it's worth while.

Have you actually got an accurate oil temperature gauge to confirm that you need an oil cooler? Unless you're regularly seeing oil temperatures above say 110 degrees then I'd not bother with one. Remember that over-cooling oil is more damaging than running it a little too hot...

Dave87

not runing the 106 engine yet still re building it will have the 205 gti clocks in so that will be my oil temp gauge.

i striped a 205 gti and kept the oil cooler thought it might be an alright size cooler to use will the cooler be more usfull if the engine power goes up?

Dave

Sign in to follow this