• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Bonnet Cutting

driversdomainuk

Hi

To increase cool air getting to my carbs, I am planning to go wild with my new angle grinder and make a 15inch x 5inch (approx) cut on the front of the drivers side of the bonnet.

I am planning to make the cut just where the bonnet bends down to make the face of the car this will ensure a good level of air flow to them I am going to design some kind of ducting under the bonnet so the rapidly moving air is directed to the carbs (they use twin K&Ns)

Has anyone done this..? are there any implications regarding the MOT?

I am running in Modified Production class so AFAIK there are no restrictions, although will consult the blue book in more detail. This surely must be a cheap way to get an odd couple of BHP albeit impractical for an everyday car kept outside (which mind is not)

Thanks.

smckeown

PPCs sprint car has had this done recently, it was covered i nthe mag

driversdomainuk
PPCs sprint car has had this done recently, it was covered i nthe mag

Yeah I know, I was talking with the guy who had done when I was at Loton, he was photographing me for one of their editions, forgot to ask him about that. The only thing I remember was him saying the bottom end of that car has gone!!

Rom

Mot testers wont care. Aslong as there is no sharp pointy edges. But there more concerned with lowel level edges. Ie bumpers etc.

If ur really worried, but some mesh or something over it. Probably look tidyer too :lol:

Henry Yorke

I know it is a track car, but a Mini Cooper S scoop would work

Or a lamp pod with no lamps!!

inferno

ive considered similar ideas myself, my main concern is when it rains how will you prevent the filter getting water logged?

Sign in to follow this