• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

Tu24 Rallye

205Rallee

Anybody else out there with a proper TU24 Rallye?

pugrallye

yep

and christopher has one

Guest Nuno205Rallye

Count me in too!! :lol:

bren_1.3

me 3.

205Rallee
me 3.

And I thought I was alone out there!

My best mate had one also in Cumbria, an F plate and sold it to a doctor in liverpool about 5 years ago. Another one I know of was another F plate owned by a guy called Gary Bond in Blackpool, but I don't know what happened to that after he died circa 2000. It was rally car. He'd bought all the remaining spares from Peugeot talbot Special Tuning in Coventry. The only other is the fastest one in the UK built and run by a guy called Mike Geen.

Mine's a G plate and I've had it since 1991, it's done nearly 200,000kms and about 200 hillclimbs and sprints. It's is in nice rust free condition, with cage, quaife box, gp N bilsteins, 21mm torsion bars, 23mm anti roll bar,works PTS speedlines, carbon seats etc. Just about to get Omex mapped ignition fitted.

Sam

Unfortunately I have a proper TU5 Rallye :D

bren_1.3
And I thought I was alone out there!

My best mate had one also in Cumbria, an F plate and sold it to a doctor in liverpool about 5 years ago. Another one I know of was another F plate owned by a guy called Gary Bond in Blackpool, but I don't know what happened to that after he died circa 2000. It was rally car. He'd bought all the remaining spares from Peugeot talbot Special Tuning in Coventry. The only other is the fastest one in the UK built and run by a guy called Mike Geen.

Mine's a G plate and I've had it since 1991, it's done nearly 200,000kms and about 200 hillclimbs and sprints. It's is in nice rust free condition, with cage, quaife box, gp N bilsteins, 21mm torsion bars, 23mm anti roll bar,works PTS speedlines, carbon seats etc. Just about to get Omex mapped ignition fitted.

fook me thats my uncle mate! thats the car i have!!!! it got passed onto me when he died, but ive never run it in an event yet!

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

205Rallee
fook me thats my uncle mate! thats the car i have!!!! it got passed onto me when he died, but ive never run it in an event yet!

What happened to Gary?

Have you still got all the bits?

christopher
yep

and christopher has one

Yep mines one of the first batch from 1988 :D

t16ryan

there is a new TU24 lump on ebay twin carb french one 110bhp

bren_1.3
What happened to Gary?

Have you still got all the bits?

unfortunately he died of cancer in 1998 i think it was now, its almost one o clock in the morning now so forgive me if i cant quite remember the year. he passed away before the new millenium came in thats a certainty.

yes its all still in the garage the car used to be stored in. its only in the last few years that ive started to put the car back together. his mother / my nan is still quite sentimental about the car which is why its never been out on events. although by all accounts it was a highly competitive car.

did you know Gary at all then?

205Rallee
unfortunately he died of cancer in 1998 i think it was now, its almost one o clock in the morning now so forgive me if i cant quite remember the year. he passed away before the new millenium came in thats a certainty.

yes its all still in the garage the car used to be stored in. its only in the last few years that ive started to put the car back together. his mother / my nan is still quite sentimental about the car which is why its never been out on events. although by all accounts it was a highly competitive car.

did you know Gary at all then?

I met Gary at a sprint at Aintree in 1994/95. I think he'd only just got the car through PTS at Coventry that year. We had some good battles! He then got a proper Group A gearbox with the ZF diff and ultra low gearing, which was too low for this country, more suited to the Alps! He did some rallys like 3 Sisters and my best mate, who also had a TU24 did 3 Sisters as his co driver and he still raves about the car. I drove it once doen the hillclimb at Barbon and was amazed at the gearing, never been in anything with such close gears. His tow car at the time was crap old Sierra which was areal contrast with the Pug.

Once went to his house and was amazed at all the bits he had. I remember him getting a list from PTS and at the time I just couldn't afford to buy the stuff. Wish I had now!

Gary was a really nice bloke and I'm really pleased his car has gone to someone who will appreciate it.

Hope to see it out competing sometime soon.

there is a new TU24 lump on ebay twin carb french one 110bhp

He's also got wheels, subframes and a shell!

bren_1.3
He did some rallys like 3 Sisters and my best mate, who also had a TU24 did 3 Sisters as his co driver and he still raves about the car.

well let your friend now that its still in safe hands!

Gary was a really nice bloke and I'm really pleased his car has gone to someone who will appreciate it.

so nice to hear about him after such a long time. ill see if i can get it out for this year. just needs the fuel lines routing inside the car and the fire extinguishers / seats replacing! B):P:)

pugrallye

mine was one of the last, brought it back with me from france.... in bits, lol its been apart twice since!

christopher

We know its a small club in UK :blush: . Lets see some pictures of these Rallyes :D

205Rallee
We know its a small club in UK :) . Lets see some pictures of these Rallyes :)

for pictures of mine have a look at

www.whatnonegatives.com/2005/011005_3sisters/24HTML/index.htm

Sam

That looks good :) What wheels are they, PTS ones? Where did you get them?

205Rallee
for pictures of mine have a look at

www.whatnonegatives.com/2005/011005_3sisters/24HTML/index.htm

They're ex works PTS Speedline 7x13. they date back to 1985 and were used on M Sundstroms works Gp A 1.6 GTi. I've only got 6 of them, they seem very rare now. I got them 10 years ago when the rally car was being broken up.

Carlisle Wheel and Tyre had loads at one time but they haven't had any left for years.

TT205

Hi David

I like the piccies 411 - 427. I thought you said it generally doesn't spin :D

Dave

christopher

Nice :D Rallye in action

Guest Nuno205Rallye

205 Rallee...

THOSE are the wheels that I'm looking for, the Speedline 13X7 :angry:

I have someone looking for them in France for me... gotta get me those wheels :mellow:

205Rallee
205 Rallee...

THOSE are the wheels that I'm looking for, the Speedline 13X7 B)

I have someone looking for them in France for me... gotta get me those wheels ;)

Let me know if you get some!

Hi David

I like the piccies 411 - 427. I thought you said it generally doesn't spin :D

Dave

Generally!!! That was a bad day, trying to show off to some friends, more spins in one day than in the previous 10 years...

spike

Hi David

Strictly speaking my race car wasn't a Rallye.It did have a Rallye engine and running gear,but the shell was a 205 xe !!

At one point in 2004 i owned 2 LHD 205 Rallyes.I sold what was left of the one i stole the engine out of to a chap in Scotland who goes rallying in France! The other one i bought from a doctor in Newcastle who was going to sprint it but had no time.It was apparently built by Skip Browns and used by one of the sons for rallying i think. It then was used for sprinting before the doc bought it. She now sits at my house waiting for me to give her some TLC.

Cheers

Mike Geen

205Rallee
Let me know if you get some!

Generally!!! That was a bad day, trying to show off to some friends, more spins in one day than in the previous 10 years...

Hi Mike,

The one you still have sounds like my best mates old one. That was owned by Skip Browns for years. He bought it off them in the mid nineties and must have sold it in 2000 ish to a doctor in Liverpool. The reg no was F... LLG? He put Billies, 21mm bars and a 23mm anti roll bar and a set of 13x7 Speedlines on it.

Are you doing many events this year?

Regards.

David

spike

You know more about my car than i do!! It is LLG.

She seems to have lost the 21mm tbs. 7 x 13 Speedlines still present.

I've now moved into mod prod. Not doing a great deal this year due to looking after Steve Foster,Martin Rowe,David Sykes and my brother Andy's cars.

Did you get your engine sorted? I think that's what we were discussing last time i saw you at 3 Sisters.

Cheers

Mike

Sign in to follow this