• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Quick Release Steering Boss

GLPoomobile

I've been meaning to get one of these for soooo long but price is a big factor. It's not an essential item so I'm not prepared to shell out big bucks, espiecially with the cost of a new wheel and a suitable boss to factor in.

I'm looking at maybe getting a billet alloy quick release boss from the US, probably via eBay, as they seem to be much cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with any of these?

The only ones I had seen before were the snap off ones which are super expensive and only come up second hand on occassions. I know there are some on eBay at the moment but they are unlikely to finish up cheaper than a new billet alloy one from America. Have seen one that I can get for £26 including shipping, but as he only does anodised blue I doubt I'll get it.

Dream Weaver

I have the Snap Off one.

Very good, nice fit etc though I hated it at first :D

It moves the wheel about an inch closer to you, and yuo cant reach the stalks as per normal so I wasn't keen, but now i'm used to it I prefer it to the old layout :)

Its is starting to show signs of wear though and is sometimes hard to re-connect the wheel. :(

Sign in to follow this