• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti_al

Turbo Conversion

sonofsam

Cant see a standard manifold being that difficul to get hold of.

Just seen one finish with a recon'd T28 attached for £185 :ph34r: nearly had a punt myself :blush:

gti_al

That is pretty cheap... Although someone in melb has just offered me a tt manifold, rebuilt T25, intercooler and a modified distributor. All that for $1300 (about £550) is pretty tempting.

How did you get around the distributor situation henry? Does the Xu10 management mean you don't need it?

gti_al
How did you get around the distributor situation henry? Does the Xu10 management mean you don't need it?

One more quicky... Does the 406 setup require an AFM? (i suspect it doesn't, but can't find anything here to back me up)

sonofsam
One more quicky... Does the 406 setup require an AFM? (i suspect it doesn't, but can't find anything here to back me up)

Nope no AFM, has a MAP sensor.

Hilgie

The XU10 management runs a coilpack controlled by the ECU. Timing is triggered by the TDC sensor.

gti_al
The XU10 management runs a coilpack controlled by the ECU. Timing is triggered by the TDC sensor.

So the standard one would be up to the job? I actually removed it before i dropped the engine in, but it is in a box somewhere.

Would it be a difficult job to get rid of the dizzy on an Xu9? What is involved in changing it over to coilpacks? (i will do a search, but i may as well ask :wacko: )

Thanks guys

Hilgie

If you use the XU10s management you will have no dizzy whatsoever. Just use the waterhousing from the Xu10 was well (bolts straigt to the xu9 head). This has a nice place to bolt the coilpack onto.

gti_al

So they do bolt straight on - that is good. Not having a dizzy to worry about simplifies things nicely... Now i just need to start finding the bits and pieces.

sonofsam

al- There's a Xantia turbo being broken here if your interested :P

item no.230016558973 on ebay.

Good luck with it all ;)

gti_al

Jeez - that is perfect... unfortunately i have never created an ebay account (i know it will end badly) and i suspect he won't trust a buyer with no feedback from the other side of the world.

What is the deal with the "you are bidding on a wheel nut" bit anyway...?

sonofsam

Dont blame you ebay is a dangerous tool sometimes ;)

The wheel nut business is to do with abiding by the rules.You cant just put 'Breaking'

as your not actually selling anything, as its an auction site.

Well your best bet then is on here for parts or http://www.mitchelldismantling.co.uk/new/pages/page_1.php

may be worth a try.

tom_m
What is the deal with the "you are bidding on a wheel nut" bit anyway...?

I suspect he is just using ebay as an advert so if you email him you should be able to set up a private sale with him.

on a side note i can't believe he's breaking that car just cos it needs a new exhaust... oh hold on thats how i got my turbo!!! ;)

gti_al

That is what i figured tom. I had a quick look for an email address, but i'll look into it more tomorrow.

And the citroen people here would freak out if they saw that ad... apparently "rare" citroens need to be worshiped, and for their bits to end up in a 205 is sacreligious. ;)

Sign in to follow this