• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveK

Cuttin Loom Out Of 1.9

DaveK

ive given up taking the loom out whole from under the dash so....

what wires should i be cutting the take the parts off that i dont need since im doing an mi conversion?

do i just chop em all off? the loom i have for the mi has the 2 brown plugs on it so those are the ones that go in the dash.

Ive noticed there is a relay that was attatched along with the ecu plug (was selotaped to the ecu wires) , does this need to stay with the mi loom?

sorry if im confusing people here, im confusing myself aswell

cheers lol

dave

28CRAIG

The french like to make things hard.

if you dont need the loom unplug the two brown plugs and the rest can be cut. you will need the two brown plugs to put into the mi16 loom.

DaveK

ah is the relay im on about the tachymetric relay? its a black block with 5 or 6 wires in it iirc, which isnt needed?

the plugs have already been wired up as it came out a 205 :D

pug_ham

Don't get to cut happy as some of the wiring to the brown plugs on the 205 are still needed.

The black seven pin relay next to the ecu is the tachymetric relay on the 205 loom, the wires from this you need are the fuel pump wire (#76) & possibly wire 32A (thin yellow wire) for the ignition switched live that closes the fuel pump relay contact.

The dash doesn't need much un-doing to get the ecu plug out, a couple pof 10mm nuts under the scuttle panel & the main one in the centre gives enough movement to pull the loom out complete but the wires need removing from the relay plug first.

If the loom you have has already been fitted to a 205 you might be OK but you'll need to make sure before you chop all the old wiring out.

Graham.

DaveK

thanks for the posts, ill double check first then. cheers!

Sign in to follow this