• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

1.6 Va 1.9 Injectors

Anthony
Apparently speaking to James who's done it, it makes the engine less peaky/revvy and lost it alot of it's character - I'm sure he'll add his thoughts when he reads this thread...

I drove the car in question last weekend for a completely unrelated reason, and I can definately say that a 1.9 cam on a 1.6 engine is horrible - it just felt flat and lifeless throughout the rev range, never coming on-cam like a good 1.6 does.

Before the cam swap that same engine was very quick, and it was rebuilt not too long ago so it's not shagged out either.

Does raise the question of what a 1.6 cam would be like in a 1.9 engine though...

steve@cornwall

finally got round to swapping back to 1.6 injectors and taking the car up the steep dual lane hill close by (my only benchmark!) seemed to hit about the same top speed, but was seeming smoother -I'm not putting the 1.9 inj.s back in.

"I have seen the error of my ways..." thanks,guys

24seven

so if i'm reconditioning the engine, apart from gaskets and seals etc, what else am I going to want to change, and where can I get them?

Sign in to follow this