• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Wishbones , Without Bushes? Where To Get Them

pugpete1108

hi guys , completely rebuilding my 205 and the wishbones are gonna get replaced , i have got poly bushes ready but want to buy new wishbones and put these in. does anyone know of anywhere that sells them without bushes or is there anyway to replace the balljoints on my knackered ones ?

j_turnell

Just buy new ones and fit the poly bushes to those, just need to remove the standard bushes. A hole saw helps a lot and a hammer and chisel to remove the metal case thats left in.

pugpete1108
Just buy new ones and fit the poly bushes to those, just need to remove the standard bushes. A hole saw helps a lot and a hammer and chisel to remove the metal case thats left in.

yeah i have removed bushes before and found it a bit of a pig, but was hoping not to have to ruin a new set by bashing the crap out of them to get the bushes out, but it looks like that will be the only way.

Hilgie

IMHO if you buy new wishbones it is of no use to replace the bushes with the poly ones.

pugpete1108
IMHO if you buy new wishbones it is of no use to replace the bushes with the poly ones.

why would that be then? not much difference in performance / handling?

Wurzel

The polly bush debate has been covered several times before :D

Here

Here

Here

And there's plenty more.

Edited by Wurzel

Sign in to follow this