• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest NUTTER

309 Boot Prob

Guest NUTTER

i opened the boot the other day and there was some crap in the hole where the boot catch latches around !! no probs i thought , i'll go get summin to get it out with and then autmatically slammed the boot :( idiot !!

i now cant get the boot open as the catch is stuck against the crap !! question is .... how the hell do i get the boot open ???

sonofsam

Can you climb in through the rear seats and blast the crud out with something..air line ? ..hoover ??

Guest NUTTER

no m8 but i wasnt sure if i could take it all apart from the inside ?>>?

sonofsam
no m8 but i wasnt sure if i could take it all apart from the inside ?>>?

How come you cant access from the rear seats?

Im guessing by unbolting the two bolts that hold on the boot latch hook attached to the body of the car(or is the 309 different),you would be able to open the boot from the inside,dont know about the lock mech itself though.

d-9

Because on the 309 the back seats release from the boot, if you have the parcel shelf in place you cant fold the seats down (without using a screwdriver or something to pop the latch down to fold the seat down.

If the parcel shelf is out then its easy, just clean the crap out/remove the lock.

Guest NUTTER

cool ... i can defo get into the boot from the inside as the shelf is out !! so its just a case of removing the plastic trim and i should be able to remove the mechanism from the inside ???

d-9

yeah, is it a p1 or a p2? if its a p1 the plastic trim just pulls off and then you should be able to clean the mech to the point where u can get it to open. If not, unbolt it.

Guest NUTTER

no idea m8 .... sounds a bit embarrising but i dont know what years they changed the phase !! its an h reg anyway :D

Edited by NUTTER

d-9

Doug's quick and easy guide to 309 phase identification:

Does it look like this?

old309.jpg

Its a phase one, now sort the rust under the boot floor and in front of the back archs.

Does it look like this?

banger2.jpg

Its a phase 2, hahah your glovebox lid is broken

The changeover year is G, so yours should defo be a p2. Academic now as ive rememberd how p2 boots go together.

Guest NUTTER

yep defo a phase 2 ....... easy as the p1 to take apart from the inside ??

d-9

Potentially easier, just pull off the plastic trim and you should be able to get into the lock mechanism and have a play. Wouldnt have thought youd need to remove the lock thou thats always a last resort.

Guest NUTTER

thanks for the help once again d-9

inferno
Does it look like this?

banger2.jpg

haha MINE ISNT!:blink:

d-9

face...bothered?

Baz
haha MINE ISNT!:wub:

'Inferno' -is that the state of your pants? (on fire!) You told me it is the other day!! The catch nearest the handle like they all are! :huh:

Guest Peugeot Sport 309

mine isn't. :D

Atleast not yet. :blink:

Glenn.

Jer309GTi
Doug's quick and easy guide to 309 phase identification:

Does it look like this?

old309.jpg

Its a phase one, now sort the rust under the boot floor and in front of the back archs.

Does it look like this?

banger2.jpg

The changeover year is G, so yours should defo be a p2. Academic now as ive rememberd how p2 boots go together.

Good little guide there :blush:

Sign in to follow this