• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Theo205

New Injectors

Theo205

Any of you lads know where I can get 4 NEW BOSCH 280150762 injectors(orange)?(std 205gti and 405Mi16 inectors). Sending my old set for cleaning prooved to be just a waste of money since the inectors now leak and their spray pattern is terrible, causing the engine to flood sometimes after its switched off for some time.

Cheapest I could find is 250 quid from a shop in the US (inc. shipping) but Im suspecting they wont be able to supply so I'm looking for an alternative seller in the UK.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanx

Theo

rooster

who cleaned em, didnt they test them and give you the results they shoudnt leak really if the job was done correctly and the seals replaced.

i have a set from a 1.6 engine used of course, its gonna be cheaper getting an old set and having them refurbed by a reputable company, i think there were some posts on it with reccomended places.

hope that helps a bit :)

smckeown

you want them reconditioned not just cleaned. new injectors are much more expensive to buy than having them reconditioned and pre/post tested

rooster

ive just checked auto five www.autofive.co.uk they do injectors for £96 but im not sure if its for one or a set youll have to ring em

check there web site click engine the description is at the bottom of the list :)

Theo205

ok... who can rebuild me my injectors then?

I remember reading a apost a while back refering to a very good company in the UK anybody know a web address or something ?

cheers

Theo

Rob_the_Sparky

I have used these guys twice now (8 injectors):

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/index.htm

They replace the seals clean it and give you before and after flow rates and an indication as to how good the spray pattern is adter cleaning and they do all this pretty much by retun of post.

Rob

Last Legend

When I rebiut my engine I had LUCAS do mine (now LSUK) I've had no problems.

SPGTi

This gives a list of all the ASNU service centres around the country. Be careful though prices can vary wildly.

Injector service centres

Steve

feb

Got similar problem, one of my injectors is pissing, causing the car to run rich, getting it reconned will solve the problem?

Pug quoted me 130 euros for one!

Thanks,

P.S. need to find out whether it's the O-ring that causes it to leak or the injector is cracked in which case only a new one can solve the problem :D

They adjusted the AFM at the moment and told me to check whether the car pinks under load (it used to when hot sometimes) but that sounds like a boggo fix to me....if they leaned out the mixture to cater for the leaking one the other 3 will be lean?! arghh :D

Edited by feb

Rob_the_Sparky

2nd hand injectors aren't expensive so een if you can't fix one of yours with a clean I'm sure you can get one that can be fixed with a clean.

feb

UPDATE: just went to pick the car up, they told me that all injectors are leaking due to age and in this sort of mileage it is a known problem. Not sure how they diagnosed this, maybe it is an easy way to earn more money for a set of injectors :D . Maybe I will look into a second hand set as you said Rob.

To cure the idle problem all they did is the usual trick to open the AFM and rotate the wheel to tighten the spring which seems to work fine now and emissions are OK but really must take it to a RR to see the mixture across the range.

There may be light across the tunel though and this may be the time i should get rid of the AFM altogether.

ECU reprogramming (magneti marelli from 106 xsi or others from the PSA group) is quite popular here and there are a few people who have done it.

Rob_the_Sparky

Mine certainly felt better after a rebuild, particularly around 4k and upwards.

Zara

Feb 130 euros would be about right!

i got a quote over here of £104.96 each inc VAT at Pug

There is a place over here In Loughborough near me that sell all the bosch injectors.

Looks like I may be able to pick up a brand new set myself for around £100!! :D :D

dont know the name of the company though! :)

feb
Feb 130 euros would be about right!

i got a quote over here of £104.96 each inc VAT at Pug

There is a place over here In Loughborough near me that sell all the bosch injectors.

Looks like I may be able to pick up a brand new set myself for around £100!! :D :D

dont know the name of the company though! :)

aha, 100 pounds for a set of 4 i wouldn't say no. Are they brand new or refurbed?

let me know if you find their details please.

p.s. 130 euros each is without VAT, so yes equivalent to the price you have been quoted.

Rob_the_Sparky

Very unlikely to be new, I paid £12 each for a clean (including all the new bits needed to fit them), that is a return of post service.

Rob

Zara

actually rob they are new!!

my boyfriends dad knows the bloke and he will do them discounted for me! :)

they are proper bosch aswell. I'm quite a good person to know sometimes you know! :D :D :P

feb
actually rob they are new!!

my boyfriends dad knows the bloke and he will do them discounted for me! :D

they are proper bosch aswell. I'm quite a good person to know sometimes you know! :D:P :P

can he do a discount for me too as well :P

or maybe a group buy :)

jackherer
ECU reprogramming (magneti marelli from 106 xsi or others from the PSA group) is quite popular here and there are a few people who have done it.

thats very interesting, do any of them release any details? as the only person I know that does it in the UK is very secretive....

Sign in to follow this