• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest hboyow

Gti Exterior Trim On An Xs?

Guest hboyow

Is it possible to fit the Gti exterior door and arch trim to my XS?

i know there arent any holes for the clips, but could you just sikaflex it on? :)

cheers

damien

nope it dont fit but i remember ages ago in a max power add you can buy the "gti style" kit for the xs

Banjo

Rear arches are different and so are the bumpers.

BERTMAN

im gettin a GTi look-a-like kit from this site...

'These mouldings are specifically designed to fit all non GTi models. The arches and door panels are moulded from ABS plastic and come with the necessary fittings and a choice of coloured insert all included in the price. Available for both 3 door and 5 door models'

Follow the links...Peugeot > 205 > Body styling > Exterior styling > Other front and side parts...

Click here...

hope this helps

Guest hboyow

thanks for your help guys. £95 seems a good price on that website.

bertman, how do they fit on? bonded?

let me know the result

cheers

Guest Andy205GTX

I was thinking about getting one of these kits but have heard bad things about them, I did a search and a few negative creeped up. I'm yet to see a picture though, anyone got one? do these kits look any good?

BERTMAN

im not too sure how they fit on, but it says 'it comes with the necesary fittings', ive not heard anything about them i just found the site, ive seen XS's with GTI exteriors but i aint sure where they got them from.

pacey205

Ive not got any pictures but Ive seen a car with a kit fitted (cant say whether its this one or not though) and I have to say it didnt look quite right for some reason. I cant quite put my finger on what it was but it just looked a litle out of place, not like it was factory fit if you get what I mean.

My advice would be to try and se a car with it fitted before you decide.

Michael

Guest Andy205GTX

Hmmm, on that note I think I might stay as I am, after all my car isnt a GTi so dressing it up as one isnt quite right really. If anyone goes ahead with this get some pics up as I would still like to see what it looks like.

BERTMAN

i think ill risk it, ill put some pic up when i have it done, might be a while as i need

1) a new engine

2) new suspenion

3) new brakes first lol

Edited by BERTMAN

Edp

I fitted these to my xs and it was fine. You might have to f*** about with the front arches because the clips are crap. You have to make up your own clips or screw the plastic arch to the metal. Mine fit fine after a bit of engineering!

I sprayed them black and put chrome inserts in, they were on my graphite and looked nice.

timmsy19

Edd_xs had a set on his old xs and ive seen it a few times. from a distance you cant really tell. get up close and the rear arches are lower than a gti so thats the diffrence. i dont think they look that good imo.

i would go for a set of rallye arches tbh

Ruskyruss

I think if you cut the rear arches up a bit with an angle grinder you would get the gti arches to fit, they have a lip on the plastic trim which sits under the metal arch and as this is lower on an xs they wont fit, but dont see why not if you cut a bit out of the rear arches, they are held on with clips that push through holes in the arches so maybe these could be drilled out too rather than bonding? Iv though about doing it to my roland garros but dont wanna mess her up! Good luck!

Jrod

Just a bit of a bump but the arches in that link are half price at the mo, just bought some. :huh:

DTORU

converted My Diesel Turbo 205 to a GTi TD and used the gti trim had to cut the rear arches and drill them to make em fit, use masking tape and a black market to draw an out line and then cut it out using a air nibbler or Jig saw.

calvinhorse
how do they fit on? bonded?

let me know the result

material wise they are alot thinner than real peugeot ones pretty cheap!

they have clips that clamp them to the arch whick rip out of the plastic and if you screw them on to tight it will rip straight through!

so you'll end up masticing them on.

they look better than standard but dont expect it to look like a gti because the gti's front arches are wider aswell.

sorry jrod missed your bit!!

Edited by calvinhorse

Jrod

I saw some the other day and they looked ok.

The rear arch on mine has been cut slightly to fit the 1.9 wheels so it will just tidy it up a little.

Jrod

Ahh just got mine and it's for a 5 door.

Re read the website and it says 5 door. Will teach me not to read properly. :blush::)

Sign in to follow this