• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Anyone Used H & H Ignition Solutions?

macaroni

OK, to update this thread. I got my dizzy back from H & H and was initially sceptical as they only charged me £25 + VAT, as opposed to the £30 + VAT quoted and when I asked what the advance curves were, they couldn't tell me, suggesting I get a RR to do an advance check for me.

Anyway I put it on and it is great! Good, strong smooth power. I have also since replaced the f6 emulsion jet in the carb with an f50 and the thing absolutely flies.

Very pleased with the dizzy and a very worthwhile upgrade for not much money.

fiji bob

its good value for money as long as you know its still a compromise i paid about £60 for a recurve and recondition, they replaced the cap and rotor also fitted a cable as well as a modified vacumn advance so cant complain at that really.

macaroni

Life's a compromise...

midnight motorsport
I think there is a place called Racepower motorsport near to Bluewater.

Been there a few times and they seemed ok but from what I've heard they are very good - just not sure how good with carbs?

Other option is to call Matt @ QEP as he used someone in Kent to map his car. Again though wouldn't like to comment on how well they set up carbs.

EDIT: also DEFINATELY worth reading up before you go to a rolling road. Not sure what you know about tuning/timing/setup but no matter what you know "Four-stroke Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell is a fantastic book which everyone should own, read, and re-read once a year at least. This and possibly a read of the Speedpro DCOE and DHLA book should help you to understand a lot about what the RR tuner is trying to do and may help you get a good starting point. If you can set it up close to how you think it should be it can save a lot of time, althouhg I'd have said all good RR tuners will ignore what you've done first of all and try a few things just to get a feel of your setup for themselves.

I AGRREE!!, GLAD TOO SEE SOMEONE ELSE GOES BY THE TUNING BIBLE!!LOL :D THIS MAN IS A GURU, WHEN IT COMES TO TUNING, I READ ALL OF HIS BOOKS, DUNNO ABOUT ONCE A YEAR? MORE LIKE EVERYDAY!! :wacko:

AS FOR YOUR DIZZY ADVANCE, WELL WORTH GETTING IT RE-DONE, AS WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS IS OVER THE YEARS, THE SPRINGS ON THE ADVANCE AND RETARD GIVE UP THE GHOST, SO IT ADVANCES UP TOO EARLY, MAKING THE ENGINE PINK, THIS IS REALLY COMMOMN ON THE XU ENGINES, AND WHAT MOST PEOPLE DO IS SET THE TIMING UP ON IDLE, AND FIND THAT IT IS WAY TO RETARDED AT MAX RPM,

oR SET IT UP AT MAX RPM, TO FIND THAT IT IS WAY TOO ADVANCED AT IDLE AND MIDRANGE,

NORMALLY A GOOD ENGINE WILL WANT TOO SEE MAX ADVANCE AT 3500 RPM, AND ALSO A WELL DESIGHED, POWERFUL WILL WANT SLIGHTLY LESS ADVANCE AT FULL POWER, DUE TOO BEING MORE EFFECIENT, HIGHER C.R ETC,

BUT MOST ENGINES NORMALLY HAVE A MAX ADVANCE OF ABOUT 34- 36' IN STANDARD SPEC, NORMALLY ALL IN AT ABOUT 3500 - 4000 RPM,

AND IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT THE ENGINE CAN TAKE, (C.R, FUEL BEING USED, HOW IT WILL BE DRIVEN ETC) ON HOW STEEP THE ADVANCE CURVE IS ,

ALSO THE VAC ADVANCE, IS ONLY REALLY A ECONOMY THING, BASICLY IT ADVANCES THE ENGINE UP WHEN YOU ARE CRUSING, TO GIVE BETTER FUEL EFFICENCEY, BUT TOO BE HONEST, IT HARDLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE, :o

Sign in to follow this