• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Removing Front Struts On A 106 To Fit Lowering Springs

Anthony

Quick question that I know some of you on here will be able to answer very quickly.

When removing the front struts from a 106, do you have to remove the whole assembly complete with hub attached? Was asked to lower a 106 GTi for someone which I made a start on this evening and did the rear beam without too many problems, but couldn't see an obvious way to seperate the front strut from the hub - certainly didn't have a clamp type affair like the 205/306/309's I usually do.

So is there something I overlooked in the fading light, or do you have to remove the hub and strut assembly as one?

Alastairh

Well the hub and strut on my 106 is all one thing.

Have fun...

PsychoSimon

yeah they have damper inserts dont they the same as saxos?

Dj_mini

Yep have to remove the whole hub assembly undo drive shafts, bottom arms, track rod ends, drop links and calipers. Need a nice pair of stilsons to change the shock as its an insert make sure thats done back up tight as they have a habbit of working loose! Also check the pas pipes for clearance as sum modles tend to rub on the steering arm.

Banjo

You can change the inserts without taking it all apart, I did it the other day, not the nicest of jobs, hope you've got good spring compressors Ant..

Also those silly washers on the torsion bars, they are gay.

Sign in to follow this