• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug_life

Gsf Wheel Bearings

pug_life

Well to get the 205 back on 4 wheels i need to change the bearings in front hubs, there 309 hubs but they're same as 205 1.9. Now GSF list a 1.6gti/diesel front bearing and then a 205gti front/rear bearing....

part numbers

T41200 WHEEL BEARING-FRONT 205 1.0-1.6 CARB,1.6GTi/DIESEL 14.00

T41204 WHEEL BEARING-FRONT/REAR 205 GTi FRONT 19.60

is the 2nd one the correct bearing for 1.9 shafts??? i've ordered two but it suddenly dawned on me they might not be correct...

can any guru shed light upon my mystery :)

Ahl

Those are the right bearings.

The 1.9 gti and 309 gti have thicker drivershafts than the other models and so have larger diameter wheel bearings.

pug_life

yeh i guessed splines and thickness was different just got to get her ready for MOt next week and don't want bearings being wrong :D

cheers AHL you get the gold star :D

Ahl

Hey, can I pawn the gold star for crack and ho's? :D

pug_life

do with it as you please young jedi :D

kyepan

Has the 1.9 front wheel bearing changed to this part number now anyone?

As the old part number is not found on GSF :D

N41209 WHEEL BEARING-FRONT/REAR 205 GTi FRONT 14.79 2

many thanks

Justin.

Phil H

make sure the mean beggars give you the new circlips in the boxes before you leave !

lagonda

Fitted a new GSF wheel bearing to my CTi a couple of years ago. It did come with a new circlip BUT it was a bit narrower than the original. I refitted the original as it was undamaged and more strongly sprung than the new one, presumably because of the extra thickness. Bigger concern was that the narrower circlip would allow movement of bearing in the hub!

Had no problem with the bearing itself, was a quality make, but I'd check out the new circlip before fitting it.

pug_life

when i did mine i got no circlips but i ordered the last 4 from peugeot in macc at £2.70 each...

still got 2 here, the ones i removed from my old 1.9 hubs had rusted in and when they removed them they dissintegrated :P

Sign in to follow this