• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gats15

Seat Repairs

gats15

Does anyone know of a company that can patch up tears or holes on car seats? Ive got a 205 gti 1.6 h reg

NoodleVille

yes please i could do with a bit of repair also

so if the price is right count me in thats 2 people money to be made

richsmells

Are your bolsters worn through? If so it may work out cheaper if your purchase a complete seat with worn bolster but undamaged fabric. You can then remove an unworn bolster from another seat e.g. a passenger seat and stuff it into the other drivers seat. Instant new seats!

Edp

Have a look in the yellow pages for coach trimmers.

sherly
Does anyone know of a company that can patch up tears or holes on car seats? Ive got a 205 gti 1.6 h reg

What style seats have you got fitted? I've got some spare seat covers and seat frame parts from doing previous repair jobs. Might be able to help out too as I'm based close to Southend.

Get some pics up and I'll see if I've got the right colour fabric covers.

Mart :D

gats15

Sorry for not getting back sooner, ive got standard 1.6 gti cloth black seats with red stitching, if you could help me out?

westy
Sorry for not getting back sooner, ive got standard 1.6 gti cloth black seats with red stitching, if you could help me out?

As have I, however the seats are knackered, am i best off getting new seats, or completely rebuilding the foam etc myself?

Alastairh

for foam replacement, look on the main web site, then click guides, and look for james turnells seat bolster repairs.

good guide. Done it plenty of times myself.

Alastair

sherly

I've only got the grey 1.6 seats which I think are from an earlier model. If you find a set of black seats and need a hand swapping the bolsters/fabric then give me a shout.

Mart :(

gats15

OK Thanks :(

jeremy

I have completely stripped and rebuilt seats on several occasions, mainly due to either bolster foam splitting or rips/tears in the material. In my experience the black 1.6 cloth interior is not worth replacing anymore, as the inherant streght in the material has deteriated due to the sun, and continual abrasive wear from getting in and out of the car. Either get half leathers, or some 309 GTI velour style ones, however full leathers wins IMO.

Sign in to follow this