• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
justinv

1.9 Ecu

justinv

what types of mods are proven to be good for a 1.9 ecu to make it perform better or too its best on a modified 1.9 engine

boombang

Absolutely nothing :blush:

Rob_the_Sparky

Tweaks that are possible are extremely limited and shouldn't be necessary in theory anyway as the AFM will measure any additional air and inject fuel for it (although that isn't the end of the story).

Just so that you know the L-Jet ECU is no more clever than a carb!

Rob

bren_1.3

superchip waaaaaaaaa gives like 50bhp!!!!! well good innit

EDIT : Read on squire...............

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

eddie_1.9

Thats not true, a good mod you can do is take a diode out or something (best to a search) to remove the rev limiter. I haven't don't it myself as i've never felt the need, but plenty of people have.

boombang

diode 109 IIRC but not that much point IMHO - if you are running a spec that needs 7k+ revs then you probably should have carbs/bodies and therefore no worries!

jonD6B
Thats not true, a good mod you can do is take a diode out or something (best to a search) to remove the rev limiter. I haven't don't it myself as i've never felt the need, but plenty of people have.

That isn't ' a good mod.' in my opinion. There is no power beyond the limiter and you are only going to over rev. the engine. What mods. are you running?

Edited by jonD6B

kevcomdude

Personally I would go with the superchip, but does this take away the rev limiter from the ECU ????

Ahl

The superchip is a big fat waste of money and does little except make the car overfuel and remove the rev limiter.

If you must modify the ecu, spend the money on getting a proper aftermarket engine management system like KMS or Emerald. You still shouldn't expect any great gains though.

Ryan
Personally I would go with the superchip, but does this take away the rev limiter from the ECU ????

There isn't anything to 'chip' in the 8v ECU - it's a huge analogue circuit and doesn't have an EEPROM containing a map like most other ECUs. There is a superchip available, but it consists of approx 50p worth of components, sold at 20,000% profit, and it doesn't do a hell of a lot, other than make it overfuel.

If you must remove the limiter then pull the cover off and cut diode D701 (in the corner opposite the main connector). Although I think this also removes the fuel-cut on overrun iirc.

Ahl
Although I think this also removes the fuel-cut on overrun iirc.

but popping exhausts are great! :D :D

Sign in to follow this