• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Megasquirt'ing Progess....

Mad Professor

My MS was getting alot of noise from the Alt so I fitted a choke / filter / surpressor, what ever thay are called, that helped alot.

Then in the MegaTune realtime display i saw that my power voltage was not stable it was all over the place.

Once that was sorted my ms has been rock steady.

The 1st thing i can see from you data log is your coolent temp, where are you running your car in a freezer? -2.8 to -7.2.

Battery voltage seems ok 12v-14v.

madspikes

Thanks for looking Mad Prof.

I was running on the standard ECU when that log was taken, and the temp sensor was disconnected!! I tried a surpressor but it didnt do anything. I'm currently only running one chunky ground wire, I've been meaning to run seperate ground wires, and take them all back to the battery. I'm also planning on using the ignition feed to drive a relay, which will in turn drive the MS stright from the battery. At present I'm just driving it from an ignition live.

I do like the way your MS is driven from the standard ECU plug, it's a nice tidy way of doing things.

Mad. :)

Mad Professor

Since then I have fully rewired my engine bay looms, as the standard pug looms was giving me noise on some of the sensors.

Here is a link to some of my data logs (http://www.205turbotechnics.co.uk/MegaSquirt/DataLogs/) Thease were taken before I rewired my engine loom, and changed over from the stock sensors to the GM ones.

I have not yet got any new datalogs, as my car is not back on the road yet.

I will be updating my MegaSquirt Project Page again today. (http://www.205turbotechnics.co.uk/MegaSquirt/)

pugrallye
Malachy, you after 60-2 support on the MS2? If so there was a beta frimware update with 60-2 support, I don't know if its been released 'properly'!

So... with this beta firmware would it be capable to use pug wasted spark stuff? wwas looking into MS but all the versions/ software options are making me go round in circles

Mad Professor

There is a beta firmware code for MS-2 to support 60-2 trigger wheels.

But MS-2 does not yet support Coil Pack (wasted spark).

Witch is why I have converted to MS-1 Extra.

pugrallye

so does ms1 extra support 60-2 AND wasted spark?

Edited by pugrallye

Mad Professor

yes and no, read my MegaSquirt project site.

Malachy
so does ms1 extra support 60-2 AND wasted spark?

yes it does but you will need to do the hardware mod below adding a second coildriver (vb921) this costs $5.

image008.gif

you could even run coil on plug if you wanted to using this setup and an extra3 vb921's

I would guess this mod will be the same for when 60-2 wasted spark support is added for MS2 (ms2 extra code thats being made as we speak) so even if you feel the need to change to ms2 once wasted spark is released i expect you can <_<

Edited by Malachy

pugrallye

oh cheers for that, cleared a few things up there! looks like i will be joining the MS bandwagon shortly, may even put my 306 on it too all being well

Sign in to follow this