• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest donny206

Hydrualic Clutch Swap

Guest donny206

I know its 206 you all hate(lol) but u seem to know everything here so thought it would be worth a try!

Hi i need to swap by clutch over from a hydraulic one to a cable clutch as the piston on the hydraulic on hits the turbo(done a turbo conversion), has n e one swaped this before? Or know how to, to make it quicker for me change it over?? Oh and the clutch pedal!

Or got a haynes that they can scan etc for me that would be great!!

Cheers

Si

bren_1.3

i dont think any 205's ever had a hydraulic clutch, so i dont think anyone would know the answer to your question im afraid.

Guest smokinslim

Surely it's just a case of finding one with a similar release arm on the gearbox or possibly swapping/modifying the arm in someway and then just getting the relevant pedal etc to match?

I might not have explained that brill as i'm pretty tired, but if you can get a pic of your gear box from a parts catalogue or haynes manual i can prob knock up a rough image of what i mean for you

TEKNOPUG

Can you not move the turbo? I mean, it's a custom job right? Or do you already have the manifold?

Hilgie

swap the complete pedalbox for one from a pre 2000 model.

Sign in to follow this