• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Car Polish Question

smckeown

Can you use car polish to also protect rims ? as mine are brand spanking and white, I was thinking of polishing/waxing them to make it easier to clean in the future.

Guest smokinslim

Wanna swap lol, i've liked those since they first came out :P A good layer of polish on them will certain help and they'll look even better for it. I dare say that there's probably a more specific product on the market that'll do a better job though, but unfortunately i can't name one

Revla
Wanna swap lol, i've liked those since they first came out :P A good layer of polish on them will certain help and they'll look even better for it. I dare say that there's probably a more specific product on the market that'll do a better job though, but unfortunately i can't name one

When I got my diamond cut rims, Spit and polish suggest a layer of car wax before use and every now and then, but frequest use of household polish (e.g. Pledge wax) helps them stay protected..... I use Mer on mine as you can apply when still wet.

Hope this helps

Trev

Andy_C

Poorboys Wheel Saelant works pretty well - seems to make cleaning the wheels on my 4000 mile a month Vectra easier anyway!!

Super Josh

Another vote for Poorboy's Wheel Sealant( smells good too :P ) and it's worth putting 2 or 3 coats on.

Josh

smckeown

i'll use the Meguiars NXT wax/sealant I already have then, cheers

Redtop

I use autoglym radiant wax polish orange yellow colour jar, followed by autosmart canubra wax. Works a treat but any decent polish or wax will do the job. It's only a matter of preference.

Sign in to follow this