• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest 205CTI-il

Afm Stuck?

Guest 205CTI-il

well i made an abilty check with my friend that have 205Cti too to compare my car with him..

i know that my AFM is not in best condition but yet its intresting me.

after 1 round of pushing some pedals we made another round and the car was really jumpy very very late pedal reaction ,jump car and in nutral gear the rpm goes to 2000..

is this an a bad AFM problem?

thx alot

eddie

Rob_the_Sparky

Having trouble understanding but to get a 2k rpm you need air, not just fuel. Hence I'd suggest that you may have an air leak into the intake manifold or the throttle isn't closing or the idle is adjusted very high.

Rob

jonD6B

SAD not closing and idle too high?

Martin@PRD

thottle cable come out of it housing?

Cheak that the throtle body closes and the cable isnt tight

collateral
Cheak that the throtle body closes and the cable isnt tight

Off topic!

I adjusted my cable the other day so that any pressure on the pedal causes the TPS to click which has made it relatively tight. Is this a bad thing?

I figured that any slackness at closed throttle would cause WOT to be less than it should be...

What's the concensus fellas?

Guest 205CTI-il

cable is very loose, maybe an air leak but i dont think so ,because when i adjusted the AFM before i was racing with my friend ,the rpm was 1000.

after the race was 2000rpm.

Rob_the_Sparky

Then you have probably improved something to make the idle stronger. As said you need air for a high idle, without air it can't idle fast regardless of how much fuel is put in.

Sign in to follow this