• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

205 With Loud Manifold

TaffyTim

Can I tell the world that I got my MI16 today and it really rocks. Especially as there is a Quaife Limited Slip ATB Diff slapped on it which makes it corner at high speeds like a dream.

I travelled 6 hours by train then drove the car back 5 hours today. I had to call the RAC as i ran out of electricity, but they found the alternator had come totally loose and the belt was doing naff all to charge the battery. Biut even with all this i am still chuffed to peices.

The car is loud though, I ran a thread about the manifold a while back and it worse than what I thought so Im trying to get that sorted asap (pm sent to miles). What I was wondering was what else should I have done at the same time. Dan who I bought it off said that the oil filter is a sod to get too, is this right, is it worth gettin ghtis done while its on a ramp or can I just jack it up like I used to with the 8v?? Also the RAC said that the fan belt was well used and in need of replacement, is this a diy job or shall i pay for it to be done.

Also when i buy parts for it do i tale it that i order them as if i own a 405??

28CRAIG

the oil filter will be the same as 8v to change.

the belt depends on the alternator 8v has i think 3 grooves and mi 4 grooves

about 10min to fit.

its better to say its a 405 when getting parts or you will end up with 205 parts

half the time.

just got my mi running today rebuilt engine so no going over 3k very hard.

Sign in to follow this