• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest NUTTER

309 Rear Beam

Guest NUTTER

how is the ream beam lowered ?

is it as simple as just changing the shocks ....... :)

PsychoSimon

you have to adjust the torsion bars mate. there is an article on how to do it on the main site, will get the link for you now. its not hard to do by any means, took me 45 minutes to do mine.

EDIT:

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/b-re...lelowering.html is the link to the guide.its quite comprehensive

Edited by PsychoSimon

Guest NUTTER

cool..... is it as easy to reverse the process ?

reason i ask is mine is so low that there is no more give in the suspension so if i go over a bump ..... i hurts my bloody back !!! lol

jonD6B
cool..... is it as easy to reverse the process ?

reason i ask is mine is so low that there is no more give in the suspension so if i go over a bump ..... i hurts my bloody back !!! lol

Yes, just as easy but obviously lower the arm rather than lifting it. The only consideration is the front ride height when you've raised the rear.

Anthony

Worth checking that the beam isn't actually siezed...

Jonmurgie
how is the ream beam lowered ?

is it as simple as just changing the shocks ....... :)

Relatively new to the world of Peugeots then :)

Guest NUTTER
Relatively new to the world of Peugeots then :D

lol...... yeah soz m8 :D ...... i had a 309 gti years back but never moddified it .... so i never learnt anything about the actuall workings of the car ...... i9'll get there in the end m8 , i pick things up quite quick :)

thanks for the help again guys , i'm sure you get easy questions all the time from us newbies ;)

Hilgie

lose some weight :)

Guest NUTTER

lmao ..... :)

on closer inspection i have found out that if i jack the drivers side up the rear wheel only drops a few inches , whereas the passenger side rear wheel drops loads as u would expect !! would this lead to you to belive that its siezed on the drivers side ? and if so , what would be the easiest way to cure the prob ??

pug_ham
on closer inspection i have found out that if i jack the drivers side up the rear wheel only drops a few inches , whereas the passenger side rear wheel drops loads as u would expect !! would this lead to you to belive that its siezed on the drivers side ? and if so , what would be the easiest way to cure the prob ??
If its dropping at all then it doesn't sound to be seized but it could still be beyond use.

The pictures I posted in this post are from a beam that wasn't seized & wasn't making any nasty noises. As you can see though it was beyond repair.

Easiest way to cure it is a full strip & refurbish to give it at least a good five years more life.

Graham.

Guest NUTTER

interesting post ....... i'm prob gonna sell the car on after doing it up to fund a better condition 309 and without meaning to sound like a dodgy car dealer i think i might leave it alone and not open up anouther can of worms .... it would be just my luck that once apart it would never go back together again :)

i pressume it'll go through the MOT if its vertually sitting on the bump stops ?

nick

Mine failed it's MOT beacause one rear wheel was higher than the other when it was on the ramps.

Nick

jonD6B

By better condition, I assume you mean 'Over all better looking'? There is nothing to say that unseen items such as the beam are in good condition. It wouldn't hurt to see if your beam is salvagable at the minute because your next one might not be. 309 beams in good condition aren't two a penny. It might pay to buy another now and make good the one your keeping with the best parts and sell the other. <_<

nick
lmao ..... :D

there defo the same hight

Now I'm confused B)

Anthony
Now I'm confused B)

I think what he's saying is that with the car sat on it's own weight it's level, but when you jack it up one wheel drops more than the other. I'd hazard an educated guess that it's a partly-siezed trailing arm which would explain why it doesn't drop much and why the ride is bone-jarringly stiff...

Guest NUTTER

correct .... and i'll check the ratiling arm this weekend

Sign in to follow this