• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Crank Sensor....

madspikes

Does anyone know the pin outs for the crank sensor located on the gearbox of the 205, it has 3 wires? Im assuming ground, +12 and signal out? But in what order?

I have a cunning plan to use this sensor (but in a new location) with a pully trigger wheel, but first I need to know how to wire it! Is this going to work?

mad :)

pug_ham

It might be worth trying to figure out the wiring diagrams for a TD 205 with a rev counter as these use the same sensor for the crank position. I think its an optical sensor but I could be wrong.

Graham.

madspikes

Humm... Thats food for thought. I hadnt thought about it being optical... Would explain the 3 wires.

:o

Mad Professor

I don't know about the pug ones, but most the ones I have been playing about with for my MS are 2 or 3 Pin.

The 3 pin ones are just +/- & Sheild, Just connect up a volt meter to it and move the sensor over and past some metal.

pug_ham
I don't know about the pug ones, but most the ones I have been playing about with for my MS are 2 or 3 Pin.

The 3 pin ones are just +/- & Sheild, Just connect up a volt meter to it and move the sensor over and past some metal.

I don't think madspikes is talking about the ones used in the motronic or similar system but the standard un-used one with the plug on the rocker cover.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this