• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSimon

605 2.1 Td Into Partner?

PsychoSimon

Hi all. Basically john (batoutofhell) has a 605 2.1 td with a mint engine, and a partner van with a poo none turbo 1.9 diesel.

Will the 605 one go into it as from what i can see it is an xu? i have also heard of people using the blocks for 2.1 mi16's etc so presume it is?

Does anyone know if the 605 engine is ecu controlled? i can see a bosch one on the inside of the wing but it may be abs.

Cheers guys,

Regards,

Simon

Richie-Van-GTi

it will fit and it is ecu controlled. IIRC the partner vans use the same loom asthe 306 which is on a big multiplug so easy peasy to take it out and splice the ecu in. Problem may come with the fuel supply, IIRC the 2.1 has a lift pump in the tank but the 1.9 doesnt. The wiring is there though in the van so just a case of bridging it somehow where the multiplug is inside the wing.

PsychoSimon

do you have any idea if there are any woring guides about for this then? I take it that it would be pretty much just make a link loom mi16 stylee?

I should think it would be possible to add an extra fuel pump outside the partner tank to substitute a lift pump?,

Thanks for your help mate,

Si

Sign in to follow this