• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mbayley77

What Tensioner Is This?

mbayley77

Anyone know what tensioner and belt this is.

Its exactly what i want to do without the power steering. Or if anyone knows another way of doing it i am listening.

Oh its a 306 gti-6 engine.

Cheers

109-0937_IMG.jpg

tidypug

are you just wanting to know the size of the belt? If so there may be some markings on it which tell you. They could be something like 5pk1203 This means that (5pk) the belt has 5 ribs and is (1203) 1203mm long.

The pulley is just the aux belt tensioner

mbayley77

This is not my engine so hence i know nothing about it.

So is this tensioner standard for the 306? Looks a bit odd as doesnt the PAS pump normally sit just above where its bolted too?

Anyone know where i can get one if it is? apart from pug i guess as hate paying their prices.

cheers

This is not my engine so hence i know nothing about it.

So is this tensioner standard for the 306? Looks a bit odd as doesnt the PAS pump normally sit just above where its bolted too?

Anyone know where i can get one if it is? apart from pug i guess as hate paying their prices.

cheers

jochem

Hi, thats my engine with the first setup for tensioning the belt. I simply welded some spacing on the original tensioner. Downside of this solution was when the pulley started running dry, i would have to buy a new pulley from peugeot and wreck it first thing. So instead i have made a new construction using an 8v altenator tensioner. If i remember coorectly i have a 73cm belt.

Here is a picture of the current construction

mbayley77

brilliant idea. your a genious. And just so happens i havea spare 8v alternator bracket sat on my spare car :P

I have just been looking for your original thread I got the link from. you saved me the trouble.

Do you just tension the belt by putting pressure onto the alternator and then tighten the locking nut?

Also do you know where i can get the belt? I just measured roughly on mine at approx 700mm so not far out really. Is this a 6 rib belt?

littlemike

I've got to do this also. The Gti6 engine has only just been removed from the 306 and is sat on the floor yet. I've still got to remove the air con pump and power steering pump and was wondering how to tension the alternator belt.

So the 8valve tensioner bolts straight on and you use the Gti6 alternator still?

mbayley77

Whilst we are on the subject of getting the gti-6 into the 205. Does anyone know mangled metal and can give him a nudge for sorting out a dizzy drive for the gti-6 engine.

Or has anyone got any info about making a drive for driving a dizzy? Pug performance sell one for 150 notes but i dont fancy spending that amount if i can machine one up myself if anyone has a diagram etc.

Cheers

jochem
Do you just tension the belt by putting pressure onto the alternator and then tighten the locking nut?

Also do you know where i can get the belt? I just measured roughly on mine at approx 700mm so not far out really. Is this a 6 rib belt?

I did do quite some alterations do the 8v bracket. Flatten it, drill the holes to fit the gti6 alt. bolt. Then fot it al, tighten the belt and secure all the bolts.

I used the belt i allready had from my earlier setup. Just get one from your local parts supplier.

Sign in to follow this