• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattyj

8v Hybrid Engine?

Guest mattyj

Is the following possible:

XU10J2 Head ( ported, three angle valve seats etc)- raised CR 11.5:1

Cat cams 279 duration

XU9 block - 1905cc block linears

Mi or XU9 Diesel crank

Bespoke inlet manifold + Bike TB's

dizzy ignition

My main question is there an increase in capacity possible by using the mi or diesel crank to increase stroke? is it worth it? what sort of characteristics does increasing the stroke further gain?

sort of all theory at mo but all opinions and corrections welcome

thanks

Matt

Dom9

If you want a cheap increase in capacity, stick with the XU10 iron block as it is the 2.0 litre block and 1.9 crank that give you 2045cc.

If you stick an XU10 head on a 1.9 block then the Mi crank won't give you any extra capacity, but the diesal might, I'm not sure of the stroke.

The other benefit to using the XU10 block is that you don't get any mismatched head gasket sealing problems and less valve shoruding, which should let your engine breathe better and be a little more reliable.

Otherwise, everything else looks fine... Similar spec to the engine I built a while back... 279 cam is great but it would be nice to lose the dizzy! In fact, if you are going for TB's ditch the dizzy and just use the management to run coil packs.

Increasing the stroke will bring peak power down the rev range and should give you more torque, which would make for a nice road engine in that spec.

pug_ham
Is the following possible:

XU10J2 Head ( ported, three angle valve seats etc)- raised CR 11.5:1

Cat cams 279 duration

XU9 block - 1905cc block linears

Mi or XU9 Diesel crank

Bespoke inlet manifold + Bike TB's

dizzy ignition

My main question is there an increase in capacity possible by using the mi or diesel crank to increase stroke? is it worth it?

Mi & XU9 diesel crank is same stroke as the standard 1.9 GTi crank (88mm), the mixture of parts you've listed above would still only give you 1905cc.

Like Dom says though, you need to increase the bore to increase the capacity & the cheapest way to do thisis using the 86mm bore XU10 iron block.

There is a pinned topic about this at the top of the section. :)

Graham.

Sign in to follow this