• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alex205mi16

Setting Valve Clearances

alex205mi16

have had a look in haynes... seems straightforward enough but how do i know that i have the camshaft in the correct position to adjust the respective valves?

as i understand it i position the cam so that say No. X valve is fully shut, and thus adjust Inlet No Y and Exhaust No W..

what i am worried about is making sure i have it in the right position to start adjusting the respective valves, anyone got any tips??

also 0.2mm inlet and 0.4 exhaust??? thats right?? have heard of some people doing it when hot and using 0.2 and 0.3mm...

Alastairh

Do a quick search mate.

I set mine to .15 and .35

Pull your plugs out aswell, makes it easyer.

Just watch the arm, when it goes up the highest, you know thats when to do it.

Alastair

christopher
Do a quick search mate.

I set mine to .15 and .35

Pull your plugs out aswell, makes it easyer.

Just watch the arm, when it goes up the highest, you know thats when to do it.

Alastair

This is a pain in tge @rse to do. Just as Alistar says watch the arm and when it is at its highest then this is the point to check it (before it goes down). There will be a dwell period...(a period when the arm does nothing). Its right to check it in the middle of this period.

Make sure the engine is COLD.. The values will be different if you have a different cam in yout TU. Check what haynes says.. Some TU's are different

alex205mi16

so its by eye then?? thought it would be a bit more complex than that!!

cant wait to get this mini project finished and more than likeley sold.. its doing my fruit in!

106 engine bays suck for space!!! 205's with mi16's are like heaven to work on compared to these!!

Sign in to follow this