• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

Possible To Remove The Rev Limiter From The Monotronic System?

Rippthrough

Bosch "Don't have that information to hand" , dealer & local car electronics diag. place says he's never done one and wouldn't know where to start, searches brought up nothing. Anyone help?

smckeown

yes i believe you can by cutting a thingy within the ECU. I was going to do this myself and found the post on here on how to do it

Rippthrough
yes i believe you can by cutting a thingy within the ECU. I was going to do this myself and found the post on here on how to do it

Yeah, I guessed it would be internal, I'll do some more searches see if it trawls anything up, cheers!

Rippthrough
Yeah, I guessed it would be internal, I'll do some more searches see if it trawls anything up, cheers!

Hmm, certainly can't find it. :)

Dino

I spoke to Chipwizards about this and they can move the limiter to anything you want for £100+VAT if you post the ECU to them.

Rippthrough
I spoke to Chipwizards about this and they can move the limiter to anything you want for £100+VAT if you post the ECU to them.

Might be a problem with my son using it to go to uni every day.

DOn't think he'd be too happy at £100 either :)

smckeown

cheaper to remove it yourself and use a cheap rev limiter such as OMEX

Rippthrough
cheaper to remove it yourself and use a cheap rev limiter such as OMEX

Or even cheaper, use the RFR* :)

*Right Foot Removal

Ahl

Is monotronic a different engine management to Motronic?

On motronic the information is all held on a mapped chip, so the rev limiter and other information can only be changed electronically, by the likes of Chipwizards.

The older jetronic system is older and more 'clockwork' and can have the rev limit removed or changed by removing or changing a resistor.

Rippthrough
Is monotronic a different engine management to Motronic?

On motronic the information is all held on a mapped chip, so the rev limiter and other information can only be changed electronically, by the likes of Chipwizards.

The older jetronic system is older and more 'clockwork' and can have the rev limit removed or changed by removing or changing a resistor.

Single point version injection including ignition. Like I said, can't find much info on it.

jackherer
Single point version injection including ignition. Like I said, can't find much info on it.

I think you'll find that bosch single point systems are called either 'mono-jetronic' or 'mono-motronic' as opposed to 'monotronic' so that might be why searches aren't getting you anywhere....

if yours includes ignition its almost certainly mono-motronic on a 205.

Rippthrough
Have a look at the following URL:

http://members.home.nl/ghulst/coupe/monomotronic.htm

I know its not english but you get the idea... Look like they are replacing the oscillator.

Hope thats some use :)

Cheers, I'll take a look.

Sign in to follow this