• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DaveK

Bucket Seat Advice

DaveK

Since im fitting a roll cage ti the 205 in a couple of month i need to get buckets and harnesses. However ive been looking about and not sure which ones to get.

The thing thats bothering me is the size of them, im quite a small guy (10st8 on a very fat day) so im thinking that alot of seats probably wont hold me very well

What seats would u guys recommend for a thin, good looking chap :lol:

cheers

dave

tom_m

cobra imolas are chuffin tiny!

DaveK

lol yea seen the size of them, mite be worth a look

any1 know any places tht sell bucket seat in edinburgh so i can go "try" some?

jonD6B
cobra imolas are chuffin tiny!

I agree. I've got an Imola2 fitted and it's snug to say the least! :lol:

DaveK

yea looking like the imola would be best for me. hey, atleast other people wouldnt be able to drive ma car, the way it should be :lol:

Guest rick03054

I don't know about edinburgh but the halfords in Dunfermline has a few bucket seats round a table that you can try out.

DaveK

so do people with Imolas reckon they will be too small for road use with occasional track?

evouk

You could always try me at evolutionuk@dsl.pipex.com as i offer a club discount on COBRA seats.

Adrian

d-9

Im 10.5st on a fat day and find the Corbeau Sprint fits me perfectly.

DaveK

thanks d-9 think ive narrowed it down to either Imolas or Sprints

d-9

Would really recommend the Sprint, I find it exceptionally comfy (thou at 6ft3, 10st ish, im a rather odd shape), but the only way you can really decide is to try both.

Guest pugpowa

i'm 5ft 8 1/2 and weigh 10.5 stone, got sparco sprints in mine, find they fit really well,only thing is i sit quite low.my mate who is 6.4 has never experienced my car cos he cant get his fat arse in them!

sonofsam

Another vote for Sparc Sprints,excellent seat for the money,

Im 5ft 8 and 13 stone *cough* muscle weigh's more than fat :D

They really hold you in,in all the right places,and even after a 5 hour drive to lands end,my back did not ache at all

Also got a mate(keith the spinner) who is 6ft.4 11st.and he really likes them too,prefers them to his recaros infact.

Yes they are quite low arent they,esapecailly when directly floor mounted :D

try before you buy i guess is the name of the game.i just went for the sprints at the time because they were cheap,compared to alot of others

d-9

Im talking abotu corbeau sprints btw.

DaveK

i cant find anywhere that sells bucket seats near me for me to try them...surely there has got to be a place in edin that sells em?.....cmon guys :D

Leon C

The Standard size Sparco Evo are very comfortable (tried em at the autosport show) and come highly recommended by people that have used them. I will be fitting some myself eventually. :D

Hilgie

I have the Sparco Rev and the Sparco Sprint and I must say that the Rev is very comfortable. Even more than the Sprint.

Edd-XS

I had the corbeau sprints and again they were a fantastic fit. I only weigh 9 stone on a fat day (bones made of carbon fibre :wacko:) and they were a fantastic fit and could sit in them all day. My gf at the time didnt fit in them though so she had to go (she was a size 12-14 if that helps!!)

I believe the Imolas are Cobras version of the Corbeau sprints. The only gripe i had with the Sprints is that the fabric wasnt very hard-wearing.

Hope this helps!

DaveK

thanks for the responses chaps, ill jst keep my eyes peeled for either sprints or imola then

cheers

Sign in to follow this