• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris 417 mi

Pillar Badges

chris 417 mi

Has anyone got a sure fire way of removing the pillar badges (gti 1.6 etc ) without the little plastic pins snapping ?? oh and any ideas on how to remove the snapped pins when they do go :)

Jonmurgie

Only sure fire way would be to remove the interior trim and push them out from there as it's the plastic but the pushes into the bodywork that snaps the lugs off the badges...

That is, unless someone else has found a cunning way of getting them out from the outside?!

Ahl

The sure fire way is to pull off the rear speaker covers, remove the rear speakers, (its a bit of a tight squeeze), then push the pins out carefully and evenly.

jack biscuit

How far do you want to go? i would put some brass pins in the right places, tap holes in correct locations and push pins through, reinforce with p40 or such on the rear of the badge, fill flat and paint over the top of the badge..

More that one way to skin a cat mind..

fulani

Rip 'em off, glue 'em back on. :)

timmsy19

what glue can be used to put them back. all of my pins have snapped off!!

jack biscuit

when i acquired my 1.6 the previous owner had adhered them using a kind of polyurethane sealer.. worked ok, had remained fixed for at least 5 years.. I wouldn't use a serious adhesive. If you ever want to remove them again..

There are some remarkable double sided tapes out there.. but i would do it the hard way and use brass or ally for pins.. remove as you please and no gunk..

chris 417 mi

seems a few people have had this problem then :lol:

fulani
seems a few people have had this problem then :lol:

Haven't you? :lol:

Banjo

Silicone!!

jack biscuit

Poly urethane!

chris 417 mi
Haven't you?

No mine came snapped off but i have a spares car with one on ...so i have to be very careful :o

DaveW

no more nails!

chris 417 mi
no more nails!

I really wanted to use the original fixings :) , guess im gonna have to do it the rough ass way ;)

Last Legend
what glue can be used to put them back. all of my pins have snapped off!!

I used 'Sicaflex' in a caulking gun about 8 Years ago and mine are still on,muppet that I am I thought I would take them off and clean behind them :D Yes my pins all snaped off too.

miamistu

I used plain old superglue - that was about 3 years ago and they're still on today :D

Guest ben205
I used plain old superglue - that was about 3 years ago and they're still on today :D

If you use araldyte it sets rock solid and the wont fall off. But also brittle enough to remove easily with a knife, as i found today. Depends how permanent your after, id use silicone!

richsmells

I used some super industrial strength 4mm padded double sided tape. Used to tape numberplates on. Got it from a mate who worked in a bodyshop. Good stuff!

Pugnut

mine used to rattle with the stereo turned up . silicone shut them up (7 years ago) and they are still stuck on like sh1t to a blanket.

damien

buy some new ones from peugeot?

Last Legend

buy some new ones from peugeot?

I thought I would go down this route first off but when the ordered badges came in the

red lettering was badly applied,(patchy) really poor so I paid the surcharge but told them to keep them,

all the parts bloke said, they were good enough to be sent through,but clearly they weren't up to the same standard as the originals.

Sickerflex them. :)

rocky

Hi Guys,

Where is the cheapest place to buy 1.9 gti rear quarter panel badges. I am after the passenger side only.

I think they are dear from puegeot, but anywhere i can get them cheaper?

sonofsam

Neatautos do them and I expect Autofive do them too..

BTW, do not use No more nails as it is not for exterior useage :)

rocky

Thanks mate,

They are very cheap on neat autos, £16 for passenger side rear quarter panel badges. Thats much cheaper the dealer prices.

Is Neat autos reputable though?

PS: the badges should have retaining pins that allow badges to be just pushed in so won need 'n more nails' hopefully.

sonofsam

Yes mate, neatautos are fine! There online cat. looks up the kyber at the minute though, probably best

to bell 'em up.

Sign in to follow this