• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajsik

Faulty O2 (lambda) Sensor

Guest ajsik

Hi there, i moved from the place i stucked before (topic ECU - fault code 52).

Heating of O2 sensor is OK , 1.5 to 2.5 apms is flowing throw the wires.

But the O2 sensor is giving stable value 0,431 (btw: very close to 14,7 to 1 ratio) all the time no matter of engine condition (low revs, high revs, full throtle running, idle revs, cold engine , warm engine) - so it is faulty.

But question for you motor gurus:

1) when the engine is cold (till some predefined temperature stored in ECU is reached), it is runnig on rich mixture (like choke on carburettor models) and not calculating the mixture on the values from O2 sensor --- > right ?

2) when is engine warm (predefined temperature stored in ECU is reached), ecu turns off choke mode and calculating the mixture on the values of O2 sensor? ----> right ?

3a) does the ECU have some self detection rules to determine that the signal from O2 sensor is not correct (like mine stable 0,431V)

or

3b) it is blindly like a fool weaking (to meet the lowest emissions vs. consuption) the mixture till the engine dies because of reading stable 0,431V all the time (14,7 to 1) from O2 sensor ?

air/fuel ratio graph due to O2 sensor voltage

afrnbb.gif

Edited by ajsik

Sign in to follow this