• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jacobs53

Building A High Performance Hybrid Engine

Pug_101
If your using the GTi6 head, Use the 1.8 16v bottom end (Ally)

Just check the bore size, Increase the stoke and your away if you want to stick with the small CC version thou, The iron block is better for the cheap route, You can't beat extra CC's. But you can get 86.5mm liners for it if you want

Is the 1.8L block the XU7JP4/L3.

If so why would that be the best option as it has the same bore 83 as the 205 1.9L but far smaller stroke so if putting in 1.9L crank and rods is a option you only have 1905cc (same as GTi) :)

Putting in the 86.5mm linners would take the cc up to 2068cc which would be nice but are there any pistons to fit this size linner. :D

I like the sound of it with the bigger linners, but what makes this block the one to use over a 1.9L GTi?

Just trying to get a better understanding before I wield the spanners. :(

petert

I know the SuperTourers out here use the 1.8L alloy block, but naturally don't give away much capacity under 2000cc. I've never seen one in the flesh, but I'm led to believe they use an 88mm bore in order to overcome valve shrouding problems.

Kev-G
I know the SuperTourers out here use the 1.8L alloy block, but naturally don't give away much capacity under 2000cc. I've never seen one in the flesh, but I'm led to believe they use an 88mm bore in order to overcome valve shrouding problems.

83mm - Same as the XU9's....

Is the 1.8L block the XU7JP4/L3.

If so why would that be the best option as it has the same bore 83 as the 205 1.9L but far smaller stroke so if putting in 1.9L crank and rods is a option you only have 1905cc (same as GTi) :)

Putting in the 86.5mm linners would take the cc up to 2068cc which would be nice but are there any pistons to fit this size linner. ;)

I like the sound of it with the bigger linners, but what makes this block the one to use over a 1.9L GTi?

Just trying to get a better understanding before I wield the spanners. :D

Exactly what I was getting @ earlier....

Can you even fit 86.5mm liners in....Liners/Spacing is the same as the XU9's with reduced liner thickness between liners (flats). I thought that even 85mm was a struggle....

Miles

Fitting 86.5 Liners is easy, Not cheap but the liners are stronger and better made than the OE ones, We run a couple of car's with this (Know of a few as well) too 8500 (8v's) and never had a problem so if weight is a major factor this is the way to go.

niklas
Fitting 86.5 Liners is easy, Not cheap but the liners are stronger and better made than the OE ones, We run a couple of car's with this (Know of a few as well) too 8500 (8v's) and never had a problem so if weight is a major factor this is the way to go.

Who sells them and how much are they?

Miles

Me if I get enough intrest, as my supplier will make 8 liners up wards, Bank on a good £1000.00 thou

smckeown

OMG heart attack time :P £1k for a set of liners. Glad i didn't investigate that route then, as i'd still be on the floor

niklas

Actually, it's not that bad for custom liners! I would say it's a fair deal.. but of course, it all adds up :P

Shevy
Me if I get enough intrest, as my supplier will make 8 liners up wards, Bank on a good £1000.00 thou

Miles,

Is that £1000 for a set of four OR £1000 to make 8 liners.

Can they be made for 1.9 bottom end ?

Miles

They fit in any Ally 8 or 16v block with maching hence the price as I do not supply them by them selves only fitted, Cost is a est as I haven;t done any for a couple of years now.

Shevy

If it's easy to get a price for a set that would be great.

The reason I ask is I'm about to have a 86.5mm Iron block bottom end built up.

If it's £1000 to have 8 liners made up and fitted ie £500 for a set then that would be an interesting option as it would work out at same sort of cost for me instead of going over to an Iron block with the benefit of the lighter block.

If it's gonna be £1000+ for four liners then it won't be owrth it for me.

Thanks

B1ack_Mi16
If it's easy to get a price for a set that would be great.

The reason I ask is I'm about to have a 86.5mm Iron block bottom end built up.

If it's £1000 to have 8 liners made up and fitted ie £500 for a set then that would be an interesting option as it would work out at same sort of cost for me instead of going over to an Iron block with the benefit of the lighter block.

If it's gonna be £1000+ for four liners then it won't be owrth it for me.

Thanks

Not sure how important it is, but if you are planning running more stroke than standard it may be good to use the iron block as it's taller and you can use longer rods, to get a little higher rod/stroke ratio.

Miles

£1000.00 for a set of 4 not 8, The main reason we use these is for our racing as using the std 1.9 engine is a disadvantage so by the time we get new parts etc the liners don;t work out that bad during a rebuild

Pug_101

Is there a engine that has 86mm bore or can easily be converted too 86mm cheaply and is older that 1993?

The xu10 are 86mm but would require catalyst and are heavy iron blocks.

also is it possible to fit the crank/rods and liners from the 1.9L GTi engine straight into the 1.8l 16V, ie are the crank mains the same? & if they do whats the advantage over the GTi engine?

Is overboring possible on the GTi engine and whats the safe limit?

miles what type/grade of metal do you make the liners out of? I may know someone who could make these cheaper if i had some more details.

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Pug_101
I would certainly do a iron block with 92mm diesel crank with 16v head.

Looking into making my T16 engine a 87mm bore and 92mm stroke atm :)

What engine/car is the 92mm diesel crank fitted to and how easy is it to fit in the 2.0L block

Thanks

B1ack_Mi16
What engine/car is the 92mm diesel crank fitted to and how easy is it to fit in the 2.0L block

Thanks

It's in for example 406, 605, XM 2.1 TD...

It fits straight into the XU10 (2.0l blocks) but you would need to do something with the rods and/or pistons to control the compression and such. Pistons with different pin-height would be enough I guess.

Sign in to follow this