• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Injector Cleaning Results

smckeown

Just some conclusive information regarding the popular gti6 (weber iw204) and vauxhall cream injectors (bosch 280150744)

The results are scanned in below.

The first confirmation is that the flow rates in the form are cc/min and are at 3bar.

So the @80% duty for the injectors are:

gti6 = 74 each (296 total) cc/min * 4/5 = 237 @3bar, 80% duty

Vaux cream = 65 each (260 total) cc/min *4/5 = 208 @3bar, 80% duty

The injector flow rate for the vaux cream's on the injector listing in my sig listed the vaux cream's at 214 cc/min or 171 @80%. I can only conclude that this flow rate is at 2.5bar and not 3bar.

The only previous info we had on the gti6 injectors was from Sam indicating they were 265cc @ 3 bar, whereas they have been tested at 237. So a bit different

Something else Graham at injectorcleaning mentioned was that the flow rates were measured at 50% duty cycle for 30 Sec, but i don't know what effect this has on the flow readings

injectors.gif

Edited by smckeown

stux

From the fig. above, in my opinion one can only compare the injectors (weber iw204 vs bosch 280150744) but can’t say what is the real static flow at 3 bar.

vaux - 65 cc - 214 cc/min at 3.0bar

gti6 -- 74 cc - x (cc/min) at 3.0bar

from this simple proportion one can get that gti6 injector static flow at 3.0bar is

x = (74*214cc/min)/65 = 244cc/min

assuming that all injectors were tested together (the same time, duty cycle, and pressure) and static flow of bosch 280150744 one is 214cc/min at 3.0 bar.

Richie-Van-GTi

hmm interesting, not sure how you do all these calculations. Im currently bidding on a set of bosch 280150464 which are listed as 249.1cc/min , what are they going to flow at 3 bar?

Rob_the_Sparky

Am I missing something here, surely the way to find out flow rates is find the BOSCH part numbers and look them up in a BOSCH catalogue?

Richie-Van-GTi

the point is that the injedctor flowrates are measured at 2.5 bar for the book figures. Since the gti runs at 3 bar its better to know what flow you get at this pressure when choosing injectors for an XU engine.

Sign in to follow this