• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Which Feed For Electric Fuel Pump On Xs?

macaroni

I am about to fit a Facet electric fuel pump to my xs and I wanted to check where anyone else who has done this has tapped into the electrical feed?

I am thinking the red wire from the little green relay thing that is attached to the bulkhead on the passenger side.

Any advice gratefully received.

Antony

macaroni

Right, well I tried to fit this pump, a Facet solid state, and I could suck the fuel through harder than the pump, so that is no good.

I am guessing that a) the pump isn't up to the job, :wacko: it should be sited nearer the tank sdo it pushes the fuel rather than pulls it, or c) it is knackered.

Any ideas?

stu_woac

is it making a racket or thumping noise when I wired mine in I took a live straight of the battery as the other wires didnt give enough power to the pump

also is it the small or big type

mine is bolted to the sturt piller and pull fuel up very well

Edited by stu_woac

macaroni

It is making aloud clicking sound.

It is the small type.

Maybe I need to try it from the battery - good idea.

Thanks Stu.

stu_woac

yes the loud clicking noise is under powered I get it when my battery is flat

or the earth is no good

or the pump is knackered

macaroni

So what should it sound like?

Also, how did you get cut-ff with no ignition when you took power straight from the battery?

stu_woac

I have a kill switch fitted from the battery in the boot also a switch to turn the pump only off

sound wise should be nearly silent

macaroni

OK, so to start your car, you have to manually switch the pump on?

I did think it was quite loud, but I was expecting it to quieten down when fuel was going through it. Trouble was, no fuel ever got to it!

I will try again tomorrow morning and if it still can't lift any fuel, I will junk it.

Thanks Stu.

stu_woac

yes not a problem for me I was thinking of useing a relay to get it to start on the key but seem my car is a track toy no point really for me

it will go quite when fuel gets there my pump has no problem to pull it to the front takes a while some times no more than a 20sec to go quite tho and there is fuel there in 5secs

macaroni

Just tried it direct on the battery and it still clicks loudly, no fuel in it though.

I suspect the pump is knackered. Bloody ebay!

Sign in to follow this