• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damien

Dash Removing/fitting

damien

ive just got me a ph2 black dash

140420060022pn.jpg

and im planing on replacing my ph1.5 grey dash with it, does anyone have a guild or some pointers? i couldnt find anything in the search just the odd bit where people couldn find the odd nut/screw to remove.

would it be easyer for me to remove the seats and carpet so ive got more space to move?

thanks

richsmells

ask DAVEW. He da man...!

hengti

no need to remove seats or carpets

the Haynes book is actually quite helpful for this job - i don't remember there being anything that they missed out (nothing that wasn't fairly obvious anyway)

only thing i'd advise is being very careful with the two captive bolts that go through under the window scuttle - the plastic on the dash is quite brittle and you can easily crack these mountings by putting the dash on and taking it off a few times

it's not a massive problem if they're cracked, but the dash likely won't pull right up to the bottom of the window if they are

DaveW

no need to take out seats etc, i would remove the steering wheel to make life easyer tho, just take your time and the hidden screws are above the glove box door. 2 nuts under the scuttle panel then the rest is easy to do, oh and you need to take the gear knob which can be a pain!

richsmells

Yes, dont smash yourself in the face pulling off the gear knob. I don't think i'm alone in saying this. B)

paul205mi16

doesnt the gear nob screw off!?

thats what i do anyways! lol

I would say take the seats and wheel off as said, cause it makes life much much easyier.

the dash is easy to do but a pain the arse cause of removing and refitting everthing.

watch where it joins on both sides near the doors and the plastic is also brital there too and i cracked me phase 2 dash at one side.

basically be very careful and its "easy"

did u get the black roof lining too?

Paul.

Edited by paul205mi16

damien

thanks chaps, ive got a haynes so i will have that with me.

will remove mine on saturday and try fitting the new one on sunday.

didnt get the roof linining as i have the sunroof and the chap selling it didnt.

i will post pics as i go

steve@cornwall

main dash comes out/goes in much easier if you romove the trims over the windscreen pillars, think they need to be pushed upwards to release if memory serves. Fitted ph2 dash to ph1 cti last year-nightmare!!

damien

update, got the main dash out with no real problems, did start to lose my temper with the glove box and the wires running inside the dash.

just got to remove the door pillers and pannels in the foot wells

150420060013ui.jpg

it started raining big time so i will hopefuly finish it off tomorrow

damien

bit of a update, got the main backing of the new dash it but it dont look very black, maybe it just needs a cleaning.

butting all the wires back behind the dash is abit of a sod too

160420060ml.jpg

Edited by damien

doughboy

I found the hardest bit was the lower left section. I also lost the fusebox mountings:(

TEKNOPUG

Managed to remove a ph2 dash on Saturday. Was pretty easy but only because the rest of the car is to be scrapped, so I didn't need to take too much care. Couldn't work out how to safely remove the scuttle trim though. In the end I just snapped it off but I doin't want to have to do that when I refit it.

Also, is it possible to remove/refit te dasy WITHOUT unplugging every connection from the fuse board?!

steve@cornwall
Managed to remove a ph2 dash on Saturday. Was pretty easy but only because the rest of the car is to be scrapped, so I didn't need to take too much care. Couldn't work out how to safely remove the scuttle trim though. In the end I just snapped it off but I doin't want to have to do that when I refit it.

Also, is it possible to remove/refit te dasy WITHOUT unplugging every connection from the fuse board?!

No need to remove scuttle trim, when the three front screws are removed you can lift them enough to use a 10mm spanner.

Also no need to remove any wires from fuseboard, unplug and label switch connectors instead!

routing the ecu wiring is a pain though!

damien

i didnt unplug anything from the fuse board have to agree withe the ecu wiring, its a sod to get it back behind the dash where it should be

Sign in to follow this