• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest smokinslim

Starter Motor?

Guest smokinslim

Is the XS starter motor interchangeable with the starters of any engines besides other TUs?

j_turnell

Basically it will have to be from the Tu Ma family so any Saxo, 106, ax etc will share the same starter motor as long as its the TU engine. :lol:

stu_woac

what you looking for ?? if its high powered the 1.4 desiel tu in the 106 may have a heavier one that will fit a xs havent try it my self but will be looking soon

Guest smokinslim

Thanx for the replies so far, now for the reason i ask; Basically i've jus got a bargain basement diesel, gotta move it soon, needs starter.

Basically will the starter on my Tu fit/work on a K reg XLD 1.8d (as a temporary measure)?

If not what models should have one that will do? as i'll have to go scrap hunting in the morn.

I've asked in the TU area incase anyone with a tu has ever tried this (Slim goes to link to the correct area now...)

Edited by smokinslim

DaveW

what car is that?

Guest smokinslim

Which one? The diesel or the one i have already?

I've edited my previous post now as i put GLX by accident, meant XLD.

DaveW
Thanx for the replies so far, now for the reason i ask; Basically i've jus got a bargain basement diesel, gotta move it soon, needs starter.

Basically will the starter on my Tu fit/work on a K reg XLD 1.8d (as a temporary measure)?

If not what models should have one that will do? as i'll have to go scrap hunting in the morn.

I've asked in the TU area incase anyone with a tu has ever tried this (Slim goes to link to the correct area now...)

nope, the 1.8 is an xu engine, you will need a diesel starter for it (high compression)

Sign in to follow this