• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

Just About Finished My Boot Install

tidypug

no worries mate, you weren't to know :P

Banjo

In my car i've got compenents at the front, two ways in the back, a 4ch amp hidden behind the rear quarter and a lil 10jbl in the boot, it sounds great and hopefully wont get nicked!

Ben

DaveW

have you sound proofed/deadend?

tidypug

no i've decided against it for weight reasons

Paintguy
a 4ch amp hidden behind the rear quarter and a lil 10jbl in the boot, it sounds great and hopefully wont get nicked!

Ben

Security is a big priority with mine too. I've had far too much stuff nicked in the past to risk a 'showy' install, so I'm trying to be more stealthy this time. The amp etc will be hidden under a false floor as above, but also covered with some form of metal straps or grid to make removal nigh on impossible. Security fixing will be used on the sub, and the box will be semi-removable, so I can take it out if I'm going anywhere dodgy, or leaving the car parked up for a long time.

I still need to work out how to hide 6 speakers up front though! :(

tidypug

hmm thats a bit of a tuffy, i find that with the speaker pods i'm using doesn't stick out too much as they are quite low in the door. The speakers are also black so that helps as well.

Tidy_Andy

Good to see your out educating the people of rotherham to the sounds of Tidy :(

Ahl
no i've decided against it for weight reasons

Not being funny, but with a heavy great sub and amps in the boot what difference will a little bit of sound deadening make?

You only need a small patch on each of the panels.

Paintguy

Yeah, I reckon some pods blended in with the door pocket might be the best idea, and keep it all black. I was thinking about trying to keep the red carpet at the bottom of the door card, but I don't think my trimming skills are quite up to it.

I'd love to get the mids & tweets into kickwell builds for better imaging, but I don't think there'll be enough room left for my feet! :(

tidypug

tidy andy, yeah mate, i'm still flying the tidy flag, i've not been to any events for a while though, i just don't think my mind and body can take it :(

paintguy now that could be a problem

ahl will it make that much difference if i do put some in? I used brown bread in my first car and all i noticed was thast the door had a nice thunk to it when i shut it but no difference with the sounds

Edited by tidypug

Paintguy
You only need a small patch on each of the panels.

True enough, you only need a small amount to deaden the vibrations of the car for 'soundproofing' purposes, but you need a hell of a lot to eliminate the vibration and panel flex caused by a powerful ICE system. :lol:

Sign in to follow this