• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jr4070

205 Hand Brake Cables.

jr4070

The positioning of the handbrake cable, are they suppose to hang quite low? Mine appear to hang lower than I can remember them doing on my brand new car...(It was in 87..!). There appears to be some kind of metal clamp that floats around on them. Should that be connected to something? The brakes work fine, it just, "looks broken" as my observant wife noticed..

SamGTi

The cables have small plastic tubes spaced along them which slide into the brackets on the underside of your car and keep the cable up in the right place. If you jack your car up or get it on ramps then it's pretty simple to work out what goes on under there. One or more of the plastic tubes has probably just worked its way loose causing the cable to hang down. It's a 2 minute job to refit them!

Hope this helps!

Banjo

The metal clamps you describe should be attatched to a bracket just bellow the caliper, and like Sams said plastic tubes that locate into the bottom of the fuel tank have prob popped out too.

Ben

hengti

the plastic clips (which are actually a moulded part of the petrol tank) are cack - the cables probably won't stay put for long

for a long term fix, you could drill holes (very carefully - use a hand drill) in the clips and secure the cables using zip ties - not too tight, as the cables still need to move

SamGTi
the plastic clips (which are actually a moulded part of the petrol tank) are cack - the cables probably won't stay put for long

for a long term fix, you could drill holes (very carefully - use a hand drill) in the clips and secure the cables using zip ties - not too tight, as the cables still need to move

Clever idea! Might try that! :lol:

jr4070

Thanks guys I'll have a look this weekend..

Sign in to follow this