• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

Cleaning T.b. Breathers?

steve@cornwall

may seem a daft question, but anybody got any hints 'n' tips for cleaning out a blocked breather on a gti throttle body? put a t.b that i could blow through the breather on my 1.6 and it revved so much more freely but I have 3 spares where the breather is blocked don't want to waste them for this!

hengti

how is it blocked?

can the mayo solidify? dunno

just take all the pipe work off and blow it through - compressed air line if it's actually 'blocked' - or just replace pipes

you can take the throttle body off easily too - just needs wiping out with a rag/neat petrol

steve@cornwall
how is it blocked?

can the mayo solidify? dunno

just take all the pipe work off and blow it through - compressed air line if it's actually 'blocked' - or just replace pipes

you can take the throttle body off easily too - just needs wiping out with a rag/neat petrol

cheers, mate but not the pipe blocked, but the breather on the t.b itself! seems to go into the idle screw aperture at angle and disappear, so can't just poke it clear. tried blowing and soaking in petrol, no use.

Got one t.b that someone drilled straight through, tried that one and engine revs lovely and sharp, but tick over cannot be adjusted under 2.5k, so bunged that one!

Sign in to follow this