• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
felix2566

405 4x4 Technical Info

felix2566

i have done a search on here and the web to find out more information, technical drawings diagrams etc of the 405 4x4 system, in particular the rear axle set up and the hydraulic system. i would most appreciate if some one could either send me some files or point me in the right direction.

the reason for this is i would like to convert my 309 to 4x4, and i have most of the parts but from the small amount of info that i have i am still missing some parts. these are some kind of header tank for the system and any form of ECU/ control system for it all.

Thanks alot

felix.

felix2566

Thanks Stu,

forgot about that forum, will give it a go!

felix2566

also where is the hydraulic resevoir kept, is it somewhere in the boot?

Rippthrough
also where is the hydraulic resevoir kept, is it somewhere in the boot?

Left hand side of the boot.

felix2566

Rippthrough, does the rear suspension have some kind of electronic control or is it all mechanical. where is the control to raise and lower it?

Rippthrough
Rippthrough, does the rear suspension have some kind of electronic control or is it all mechanical. where is the control to raise and lower it?

There's a button in the boot by the reseviour that should jack it all the way up.

If you mean the ride height setting there's a sensor + pickup under the car.

Paintguy

Have a look here, here, and here.

First topic contains this picture:

dangel_transm.jpg

205 MI16x4 :blink:

Can you tell I've been researching this myself, since I found out I had a 4x4 block :blink:

felix2566

thanks all,

i have been reading the stuff on the dangel conversion, looks nice and light (too light?) but i just wanted to make sure i had all the original parts off the 405 incase i want to use it.

the ride height setting sensor + pickup is it attached to the chassis at the back or is it attached to the rear axle?

sorry to be so questioning, its because i picked up the parts on the weekend but i didnt realise at the time that there was a filler tank and the height setting etc. so i need now to tell the scrappy where it is before the car gets crushed!

felix.

petert

ride height sensor is attached to the ARB and lives up behind the diff. Grab all the stuff in the boot and the cables that run to the height sensor and back to the fuse box.

felix2566

Thanks for all the info,

Hopefully i will be able to get all the parts!

Just now need to decide what route to take, the dangel one or just put the whole lot in as is, i like the dangel style due to it looking alot lighter than the 405, but it would require custom driveshafts etc, which i imagine would cost alot.

I was having a good look at all the parts the other day and noticed that the transfer box looks much newer than the other parts, it still had a paper sticker on it with a bar code which all seemed in very good condition compared to the gear box! hopefully wont need an expensive rebuild!

Sign in to follow this