• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Xu10 Sumps - Where From?

Phil

I'm anticipating some surge issues using slicks on track and would like to fit an XU10 sump (the one with the trap door and baffle)

I have called Peugeot and they wanted £188.71 +VAT (GTi-6 sump) and the biggest scrapyard anywhere near me said they won't have an 8v/16v XU10 engines in.

Any ideas where I can get one?

I've even tried fleaBay!

Anthony

Any 2.0 8v or 16v XU engine.

That's basically any 2.0 from a 306, ZX, Xantia, older 406, 605, or XM should suffice.

Bet you the scrappy will likely have one of those in, but as for an XU10 and they'll look baffled (no pun intended <_<)

Phil

I specifically said a 2.0 8v or 16v Peugeot/Citroen engine from a 306 or similar and they said definitely not! <_<

Hilgie

there must be loads of XMs, Xantias there.

Kitsune

Is this being fitted to an 8 or 16v? I've seen on here the xu10 sump is a good (read cheap) choice compared to say, dry sumping. Just want to know if anyone has used the 10 sump on the track (for a 16v).

Miles

If your using slicks the XU10 sump won't help much at all, Abit in 16v form I get the engines to surge on road tyres without any problems and even using the Pug Baffle the same happens on the odd bend.

The ideal solution is a mutli trap door baffle sump but you;ve got to make it or buy one from France

Phil

Miles,

Can you guys make a multi-trapdoor sump? If so, how much?! I was going to go for the SpecialTuning baffles but form what I have read on here they don't do much and the XU10 sump seems a much better and cheaper solution.

At the moment it is only on an 8v engine so I would hope it will be enough, but I will be going 16v in the near future (even nearer future if the XU10 sump doesn't do what it is supposed to!)

Kitsune

Miles as above. Would be interested in prices (for a 16v).

Pete, just gunna read your thread now.

Spiky
Miles,

Can you guys make a multi-trapdoor sump? If so, how much?! I was going to go for the SpecialTuning baffles but form what I have read on here they don't do much and the XU10 sump seems a much better and cheaper solution.

At the moment it is only on an 8v engine so I would hope it will be enough, but I will be going 16v in the near future (even nearer future if the XU10 sump doesn't do what it is supposed to!)

sorry to drag this up,

but did you get a price?????

Sign in to follow this